★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bobby Carrot Classic No. 1 is now live...

03-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Bobby Carrot Classic No. 1 is now live...

Bobby Carrot 1 CLSX

Quote:
$0.99 — Special price to celebrate the game series’ 5th birthday!

Riddling rabbit Bobby Carrot is 5 years old! Following the sensational success of Bobby Carrot Forever (available here in the App Store) we are now presenting a journey back through time to the old classics, 4 exciting past episodes which started out back in 2004 as little J2ME puzzle games:

Bobby Carrot 1 CLSX: Classic
Bobby Carrot 2 CLSX: Winterland
Bobby Carrot 3 CLSX: Evolution
Bobby Carrot 4 CLSX: Flower Power

All of the games feature brilliantly colourful graphics. The whole classic series has a reworked soundtrack, more control options and a fresh, newly designed, arcade-style look. Get the set!

About Bobby Carrot 1 CLSX:

Original release: April 2004
2 game modes: Carrot and Easter egg mode

Number of levels:
- Carrot mode: 30 levels
- Easter egg mode: 25 levels

Accompany the riddling rabbit through 55 cleverly constructed levels. Collect all the of carrots on a level, or lay all the Easter eggs in the special nests in order to open up the exit to the next level. This task isn’t made too easy for you, since there are numerous obstacles and traps to block your way.

Find the right route!

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 03-31-2009 at 03:45 AM.
03-31-2009, 03:44 AM
YES.
i just downloaded it. will soon post my impressions.

03-31-2009, 03:49 AM
1 dollar!!!!!!!
wow
its out??
03-31-2009, 04:04 AM
So I have a question for either the developer or anyone here who has downloaded this game already...

In this Classic game, do we get a choice of control options, like we do in Bobby Carrot Forever?
Or can we only use the joystick / D-pad?

Particularly, I want to know if we can use the finger-swipe method?

Thanks in advance.

03-31-2009, 04:24 AM
so:
it' pretty much like bobby carrot forever - except there is no plot. you just go trough different levels which are getting more difficult.

there are two modes, the one we know from carrot forever when you collect carrots:

and the one where you have to unlock easter eggs:

the great thing is that you can actually continue BOTH of them, no matter what. so if you, for example, start the carrot mode and after few levels want to start easter egg one - no problemo, you can continue both of them later.

music DURING the game is nice, it's a different tune then the one in BCF, but still neat. my only complain is the sound at the end of each level - this combination of pipe and trumpet makes me sick. and the music based on that sound is in the menu - and that's the reason why i start the game very quickly every time i lunch BCC please change those tunes!

controls are great. you can move your rabbit with the joystick (d-pad appears), or swipe (i can't see the difference between two options you have though, you just swipe and hold your finger and bobby moves wherever you want). it's easy, i don't have any problems with both of them. plus of course there is an overview button.

and finally... PUZZLES. at the beginning they are very simple. probably too simple. but later on they getting really hard... and there is a small complain i have - it is said that Bobby Carrot Classic vol. 1 has got 30 levels (in carrot mode), 25 (in easter egg mode). so:

- first of all: i can't see on which one i am, and sorry guys i was to busy playing to count them, so the nice add would be to put a level sign, so we could know at which level we are.

- second: i know, there will be more parts of it, but maybe it would be better to put 100 levels in BCC? and make only two parts insted of 4?

OVERALL:
if you are a fan of BCF it's a must buy, there is no excuse. but if you didn't buy Bobby Carrot Forever... i'm not so sure. for me (i like BCF very much) it was a great purchase, especially when i paid only .99 cents for it. 1.99? don't think it's to much for bobby either. it's just classic

Last edited by pante; 03-31-2009 at 04:28 AM.
03-31-2009, 06:23 AM
He'll yeah Bobby Carrot Classic is out
I just woke up and I was such a big fan of BCF that I will download this inmediatly and start playing
PS: I love Bobby Carrot icons

Waiting for: Plants vs. Zombies, Cogs, Riddim Ribbon
Plus+: arono
03-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Thanks, Pante for your purchase and great review!

Quote:
my only complain is the sound at the end of each level - this combination of pipe and trumpet makes me sick.
I was almost expecting this. Well - we dared to keep it original and have a title and level-finished music track based on the original MIDI from the game. But if there are many complaints we will change those tracks to more enjoyable new ones just like we did with the Ingame music.

Quote:
controls are great. you can move your rabbit with the joystick (d-pad appears), or swipe (i can't see the difference between two options you have though, you just swipe and hold your finger and bobby moves wherever you want).
In swipe1 you can change direction without lifting the finger. Swipe2 allows only one direction until you lift the finger again.

Quote:
put 100 levels in BCC? and make only two parts insted of 4?
We have to seperate the parts/levels as each classic part has different graphics and gamelogic (e.g. in winterland you have the mirrors and snow), in bobby 3 you can swim, in bobby 4 you plant flowers which grow immediately.

Quote:
if you are a fan of BCF it's a must buy
Thanks for pointing that out!

cheers
Future777
03-31-2009, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future777 View Post
In swipe1 you can change direction without lifting the finger. Swipe2 allows only one direction until you lift the finger again.
Hi Future777. Can you clarify: Can we swipe anywhere on-screen, or do we have to swipe over the joystick at the bottom?

03-31-2009, 06:53 AM
Fun game? What kind of game is this? Run around collect carrots? Is this something I can play with one hand using the thumb only?
03-31-2009, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanny View Post
Fun game? What kind of game is this? Run around collect carrots? Is this something I can play with one hand using the thumb only?
Why, what are you gonna be doing with your other hand?

No, but seriously, Bobby Carrot is great. You should try out the free lite version of Bobby Carrot Forever.