★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Truth in 24 - Audi finally gives us a real racer this time?

03-31-2009, 04:32 AM
Truth in 24 - Audi finally gives us a real racer this time?

Well, there are quite a number of "ad" games from auto-makers, and it is not the first time Audi puts up a "driving" game on iDevice. This time it is "Truth in 24":

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewArtist?id=307149813

Nothing to do with that TV show of course.

According to the official description:

"In combination with the release of the celebrated Le Mans documentary, Truth in 24, Audi is proud to announce the accompanying iPhone game. As a natural extension of the film, the Truth in 24 application puts the excitement of Le Mans racing right into the palm of your hand.

Using the iPhone’s accelerometer, players will experience one of the world’s most notorious races: The 24 Hours of Le Mans. Players have the option to hone their driving skills in Practice mode before putting their skills to the test in the featured Endurance mode. And just like the 24 Hours of Le Mans, you’ll compete against the clock, opposing racecars and a variety of obstacles in addition to making strategic decisions in the pit. For a challenge that incorporates speed, stamina and strategy and an exciting experience of the action on the track, look no further than Truth in 24.

Throttle: Press the gas pedal on the right side of the screen to accelerate. Releasing the gas pedal will gradually decrease speed.

Steering: Hold the iPhone in front of you like a steering wheel. Gently turn the phone side to side like you are steering a car.

Braking: Press the brake pedal on the left side of the screen to slow down. While braking, steering will become more sensitive, allowing for hairpin turns.

Pit Stop: When prompted, press the “Pit Stop” button to enter the pit.

Tires: During pit stops, drag the tire icon from the right side of screen to the tires that need replacing, which are highlighted in red.

Refueling: During pit stops, press and hold the fuel pump icon until your fuel meter is full.

This game is for entertainment purposes only, and does not replicate actual racing."

Sounds like the most serious entry so far of such vendor sponsored game, but unlike VM, BMW and even Audi's previous attempts, there is no street car you are driving.

Anyone tried it? Mine crashes right after I start the endurance trial.
03-31-2009, 04:40 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
From the screens it screams "I am the worst looking app ever! Don't come any closer!"
03-31-2009, 04:49 AM
That's wrong. Your forgot this one: http://appshopper.com/games/head2head-3d-racing

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-31-2009, 04:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to russiaone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
That's wrong. Your forgot this one: http://appshopper.com/games/head2head-3d-racing
Sure did! LOL! Those screens scream "Look at me, Ma! I'm so stinkin' ugly, but I know you think I'm beautiful!" Then said screens commit suicide and the Mom is happy again.
03-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Yeah, not the worst I've seen in the store...but below average.

There is really no goal. Free though, and better than the first Audi game.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-31-2009, 06:01 AM
haha! Get this! This is so funny!! This must be the worst racer. And the car wobbles when it touches something! I had some good minutes with that. Not as a racer of course, but due to sucking so much this is very entertaining .

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de