★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The classic handheld game, back in the palm of your hand.

A faithful reproduction of the late-'70s bestseller Merlin, with all six of the original games:

Music Machine
Blackjack 13
Magic Square

brianl's comments:
"Back in my day, we didn't even have eight bits, we had to settle for one..."

This is my first humble toe-dip into the iOS game waters. I'd like to think it provides a buck's worth of nostalgia for folks of a certain generation.

*Myrddin was the 6th century Welsh madman and seer upon whom the Arthurian wizard Merlin was partially based.
02-18-2011, 04:27 PM
theres no description. being nostalgic is one thing, alienating everyone who hasnt played this game in the past is another. try telling us what the game is about and how its played please. youtue video preffered.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Fair enough. It's basically a clone (or homage, if you will) of the classic Merlin handheld toy from the late '70s. It plays six different games (Tic Tac Toe, Music Machine, Echo, Blackjack 13, Magic Square, and Mindbender) accompanied by blinky red lights and various bleeps and bloops. The instructions from the original toy are widely available in PDF form (e.g. here).

Admittedly, it's probably of little or no interest to people who don't recall the original. (This is why I don't work in Marketing.)
02-18-2011, 05:45 PM
I have vivid memories of riding in the backseat of my grandmas station wagon back in the late 70's, playing my merlin to pass the time. This looks kinda neat actually.

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
02-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by Zallman View Post
This looks kinda neat actually.
Ah, thank you. I knew there had to be some more people like that out there.