★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Poker with Bob

02-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Poker with Bob

This casual card game just game out today, and after playing a few rounds, I think it's a blast !

Bob is the coolest poker opponent I've had in a long time ! The voice work and the animation really blew me away. For a dollar, this game is a hell of a bargain.

I apologize if there is already a thread for Bob, but I couldn't find one using the Search function.

Also, I'm not sure how to post a link to the game. If any moderator wants to take the time and add it to the thread, I'd be grateful. I think a lot of people here would enjoy spending some time with Bob !

I'm an app-oholic! And there's no 12-step program...
IAPs = I Ain't Purchasing, son !
02-18-2011, 09:04 PM
Yea, very cool game

02-18-2011, 09:25 PM

It does look cool...
02-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for putting in the link, and the photos, squarezero !

Now people can see Bob in all his East Coast glory... at least, I think he's from Jersey !

The coolest thing is when he leans in to take a peek at your cards ! His reactions can be priceless at times.

I'll reiterate what I've said - this is a dollar extremely well spent !

02-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Tried the lite and I am very impressed.
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
Tried the lite, looks well put together and the character does add an element of charm, but the pointlessness of playing poker against AI, with fake money, persists.
02-18-2011, 10:55 PM
Played the lite...I like it for a buck. Sold!

If you wanna play against someone else it has bluetooth multiplayer
02-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Hey Folks!

Thanks for creating a "Poker With Bob" thread and for offering up all of the kind feedback. After spending the last 2 years of nights and weekends on this game it's hard to guess what the reaction will be. I'm thrilled to see it getting such a warm reaction from everyone.

Thanks!
Dustin Adair
Creator of "Poker With Bob"
02-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Just beat Bob on the first level. He cried like a baby !

I'm looking forward to the second level, and playing in a better class joint than the first dive we were in ! Bob is starting to class up his wear, too !

Game is really fun, and runs great on my iPad.

02-19-2011, 04:28 PM
I know it's early to talk updates, but I'd love to have more variety in Bob's remarks. When he deals, he always says the same thing. When it's time to ante, same thing. Just a few more variations would make this great game even better !

The animation is really well done, by the way. Great job on this app, Dustin. I hope you'll keep an eye on this thread for member's comments and suggestions.

A side note to Gabrien: the point is simply to have fun ! No more, no less. Why do thousands of people shoot birds and jump on platforms ? That's just as pointless, but it's just plain fun. These days, we need all the fun we can get...