★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Game suggestions (specific to me)

03-31-2009, 07:48 AM
Game suggestions (specific to me)

I have spent a ton of time trying to find another game or two (or three, etc) that I would enjoy. There are just too many games to read reviews, look for game play videos and browse them all. I was hoping some of you may be able to suggest some for me based on games I enjoy. Here are my favorite games so far, starting with my most favorite:

1. Galcon
2. Fantastic Contraption
3. Enigmo
4. Fieldrunners
5. (Sudoku) - no particular game
6. (Chess) - no particular game
7. FlightControl
8. Warfare Inc.
9. AirportMania

Most of these are strategy/puzzle games. I'm mainly looking for people who enjoy some of the games above to suggest other games they really like.

Also, note that I like it when games are either short (e.g. Galcon, FlightControl) or are saved when I randomly exit (e.g. Fieldrunners).

Thanks!

p.s. Here are some games you might suggest that I've already tried.
-Rolando (it's fun, but I don't like platformers all that much)
-Eliss (too annoying and hard to beat, my fingers block the screen so I can't see what I'm doing after level 9)
-Aurora Feint (it's fun, but no more match-3 games)
-Sim City (too big and slow, though I still play it sometimes)
-Payback (don't like the top-down(ish) view)

Last edited by McAlsop; 03-31-2009 at 08:13 AM.
03-31-2009, 07:50 AM
If you like Fieldrunners then you'd like The Creeps!
And give Samurai Puzzle Battle a try too. It's a very deep strategy game, not just another match-3.
Both have lite versions.

Then, maybe:
- Subway Shuffle (amazing yet underrated puzzle)
- Zen Bound (very unique puzzle, best graphics on AppStore so far)
- Eliss
- Smiles
- Dizzy Bee
- Aqua Forest
- Cubicman Deluxe
- Go (and the many variations of it)
- PegJump
- Puzzle Quest
- TanZen / Tangram

ps: really, you just need to add Scoops and Up There to that list and it's pretty much my mum's fave games list

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

Last edited by don_k; 03-31-2009 at 08:20 AM.

03-31-2009, 07:51 AM
EDGE and Geo Defense
03-31-2009, 07:55 AM
In order of recommendation:

Marple,
Subway Shuffle,
Combination,
TanZen,
Frenzic.

Stefan
03-31-2009, 07:59 AM
You may like "Sentinel". App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=305974985&mt=8

It's another TD game like Fieldrunners and it's also very polished. There's a Demo too.
03-31-2009, 08:04 AM
Puzzle games - Theseus, Subway Shuffle, Zentomino, Combination and Bobby Carrot. (I think all of them have lite versions, so you can just try them out first. )

Look out for Gemmed when it comes out again, I think the devs pulled it off the store because there were some bugs in the latest update. But it is fun game. (oops I just realise you said no match-3 games, but at least give the lite a try anyway. )

Last edited by Ravenblack; 03-31-2009 at 08:20 AM.
03-31-2009, 08:07 AM
I agree with some of the suggestions posted (Zen Bound, Edge and Eliss), and I'll add:

Slay - fantastic strategy game.

Geodefense - Best DM game on App Store, imo.

Jabeh - Logic puzzle game, very nice.

Puzzle Prism - Lovely puzzle game, fast and fun.

Strategery - Another good strategy game, a bit like Risk.

Primrose - A slow and strategic puzzle game

All of them (except Slay and Primrose) comes with a Lite version.
03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
Before you do anything else I'd pick up geoDefense before it goes back up to $3.99 tomorrow. (It's 99 cents now.)
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAlsop View Post
I have spent a ton of time trying to find another game or two (or three, etc) that I would enjoy. There are just too many games to read reviews, look for game play videos and browse them all. I was hoping some of you may be able to suggest some for me based on games I enjoy. Here are my favorite games so far, starting with my most favorite:

1. Galcon
2. Fantastic Contraption
3. Enigmo
4. Fieldrunners
5. (Sudoku) - no particular game
6. (Chess) - no particular game
7. FlightControl
8. Warfare Inc.
9. AirportMania

Most of these are strategy/puzzle games. I'm mainly looking for people who enjoy some of the games above to suggest other games they really like.

Also, note that I like it when games are either short (e.g. Galcon, FlightControl) or are saved when I randomly exit (e.g. Fieldrunners).

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Here are some games you might suggest that I've already tried.
-Rolando (it's fun, but I don't like platformers all that much)
-Eliss (too annoying and hard to beat, my fingers block the screen so I can't see what I'm doing after level 9)
-Aurora Feint (it's fun, but no more match-3 games)
-Sim City (too big and slow, though I still play it sometimes)
-Payback (don't like the top-down(ish) view)
Don't be surprised if some "senior members" abuse your thread just ignore them.

Uniwar is coming out http://toucharcade.com/2009/03/26/pr...strategy-game/

if you like racing -fastlane
Football - Real football 09
Golf - let's golf
Pocket God is quite fun with constant updates
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Definitely try Theseus, it seems to be right up your alley and is very polished. There is a Lite and the full version only costs one dollar.

Beyond that... difficult. You said no match-3s, but I'd still try Puzzle Quest Lite. Playing against the AI and various "spells" and equipement make it tactically very deep and dynamic and not like a typical "match 3" (which I am generally lukewarm about) at all. It may click with you.

Hm... Maybe Reign of Swords? It is turn-based tactics and is quite fun. There is a Lite, too, to help you make your mind.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen