★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game Center down for anyone?

02-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Game Center down for anyone?

The GC app loads to the Games list screen, which spins forever saying “Loading...” but no games appear; and the brown buttons at the bottom never become active to try other screens. Rebooting the iPhone doesn’t help.

It’s not exactly frozen—I can flick the green felt up and down, and access the Search field (but no search results are found because the game list has not loaded).

Temporary outage for everyone? Or just me?

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
02-19-2011, 01:00 PM
I should not restore this time.

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
02-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanovich View Post
Yes! Seems that is down just now
Good, that means I don’t have to troubleshoot

(After about 60 minutes, I do see the brown buttons at the bottom light up at last—although I have no Friends or Requests anyway, so there’s nothing to see. Game list still won’t load, and GC doesn’t activate in individual games either. Sounds like something for Apple to figure out in the server end.)

Somebody didn’t "call before they dug!”

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyukialex View Post
I should not restore this time.
I’m not sure what you mean, but I’d be surprised if all GC scores/achievements don’t come back just fine later on. (And new ones that haven’t been uploaded should upload later—just like when you’re away from WiFi on an iPod Touch. I would hope )

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)

Last edited by Adams Immersive; 02-19-2011 at 01:03 PM.
02-19-2011, 01:03 PM
yeah me to i wasss sooooo mad i was playing the blocks cometh i was at 347 meters 3 away from a new guy and boom game center could not connect try again? and i got crushed

Add Me on Gamecenter/Steam: Fireball926
02-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adams Immersive View Post
Good, that means I don’t have to troubleshoot

(After about 60 minutes, I do see the brown buttons at the bottom light up at last—although I have no Friends or Requests anyway, so there’s nothing to see. Game list still won’t load, and GC doesn’t activate in individual games either. Sounds like something for Apple to figure out in the server end.)

Somebody didn’t "call before they dug!”

I’m not sure what you mean, but I’d be surprised if all GC scores/achievements don’t come back just fine later on. (And new ones that haven’t been uploaded should upload later—just like when you’re away from WiFi on an iPod Touch. I would hope )
I thought something wrong with my phone, so I restored it.

02-19-2011, 01:14 PM
I start GC, it asks to login, but still loading

02-19-2011, 01:18 PM
down for me too...
02-19-2011, 02:08 PM
working now!
02-19-2011, 05:55 PM
working for me...