★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crazy Bikers - out soon at 0.99 USD

02-19-2011, 01:34 PM
Crazy Bikers - out soon at 0.99 USD

Hi!

Crazy Bikers will be out soon, it is being reviewed by Apple as I write.

For now, I'll leave you with some screenshots and I'll post a short video soon...

Thanks!

Diogo.

Pharaoh's Valley (first level) Extended (wheelies, falls, etc)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Pharaoh's Valley (first level)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DiogoP; 02-23-2011 at 06:11 AM.
02-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi!

Just added a small video, I'll add a better one later.

02-22-2011, 01:37 PM
i....want this.......dont know why. but i want it. also, tilt controls optional?

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-22-2011, 01:45 PM
No tilt controls for now (we're not big fans of tilt) but we're listening to players!
02-23-2011, 04:59 AM
This is the first level, it is very simple - no big jumps, no water, no lava, no toxic waste, no holes in the ground, etc.

The next levels are much more funny, I'll post more videos later.

There are not thousands of games like this in the App Store. There are a bunch of motocross games but they're nothing like this.

In fact, there's not a single game that can be compared to Crazy Bikers currently in the App Store.
02-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Just added an extended version of the same level.

Turbo boost (0:20), wheelies (lots) and falls (at 1:25, 1:14) can be seen.

Player was racing with Fat Tony (skeleton) so it completely breaks apart, you can see a pile of bones
02-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Hm, is anyone EVER going to do Gravity Defied on the iPhone?
02-23-2011, 08:23 AM
Looks very good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Hm, is anyone EVER going to do Gravity Defied on the iPhone?
I have lost hope.. :/

Playing:Carcassonne, Letterpress, Trigger Fist, Dungeon Story, Rebuild, Pen and Paper
Game Center/Openfeint/Plus+/Crystal/Agon/Gameloft Live: tonydeli7
Member of the Beta Tester Alliance Games/Apps I Have Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @tonydeli7
02-23-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydeli7 View Post

I have lost hope.. :/
Yeah, me too. All these motorcross games are just waaaay too arcadey and fast. It's all about silly jumps and ludicrous level design.

I'd say to developers - just take a look at Gravity Defied. No nonsense, no silly graphics or characters, just really simple level design and graphics but the replay value on that game was absolutely huge. It was so difficult, so intricate, that every single inch of progression was filled with tension.

Even games like Trials HD on the 360, and Stunt Biker on the iPhone fail with this - it's just too fast-paced and gimmicky, there's no tension. The arcade motorcross games have all been done a million times now, they're essentially all very similar, we need something new in this genre, really we do.

Sorry to flame! It just frustrates me that these games all seem to be missing the point imho.
02-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebwoy View Post
Yeah, me too. All these motorcross games are just waaaay too arcadey and fast. It's all about silly jumps and ludicrous level design.

I'd say to developers - just take a look at Gravity Defied. No nonsense, no silly graphics or characters, just really simple level design and graphics but the replay value on that game was absolutely huge. It was so difficult, so intricate, that every single inch of progression was filled with tension.

Even games like Trials HD on the 360, and Stunt Biker on the iPhone fail with this - it's just too fast-paced and gimmicky, there's no tension. The arcade motorcross games have all been done a million times now, they're essentially all very similar, we need something new in this genre, really we do.

Sorry to flame! It just frustrates me that these games all seem to be missing the point imho.

No problem with the flame, not taken personally.

I shouldn't comment other games but since that game is not on the App Store, it is not our competitor, I'll open an exeption.

It is called bankruptcy.

That's what happens when some company creates a game that appeals only to a fraction of the market - which is the case with the game you mention, it is a game that only some hardcore gamers will play.

Unless those gamers are willing to pay $50 for the game, the developer will never recover the money spent.

To me (I never played it) it is so ugly that hurt my eyes. To me, games are also for relaxation during brakes, not to make me feel anxious or fill me with tension.

PS. Don't mistake ugly with simple, I love simple, brilliant games but that is plain ugly - ask any designer (except perhaps the creator!)