★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Have these games been made yet?

03-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Have these games been made yet?

Hey, I just want to know if these games have been made, are in the process of being developed, or if there's a similar game like these. Thanks.

A game like Final Fantasy VII? Obviously not FF7 because I don't think you can do those graphis on an IPhone, but something more like Golden Sun I guess. Basically, an RPG with turn based fight sequences.

Zelda

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Any hockey games? I'm not talking about air hockey either. An actual hockey game similar to Real Soccer or Baseball Superstars.

Command and Conquer: Red Alert

Family Feud

(Also, I'm sorry if this has been posted before or if I posted it in the wrong forum. I'm new here so I don't know how things work in these forums yet. If it is in the wrong forum, a mod could move it in the right one. Thanks)
03-31-2009, 10:37 AM
nope, nope, aircoaster 3D, nope, they are making it now maybe not red alert but it was announced, nope

03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi JMDx10. Welcome to the forums.
You have posted in the correct sub-forum so long as you are on about Touch/iPhone games and not iPod click-wheel games.
FF7 is not out, but those graphics are definitely possible on these devices, so that won't be the reason why it's not been ported I assure you.
As for Zelda, that is a Nintendo only franchise and so will never be on any other platform other than a Nintendo one.
03-31-2009, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
Hi JMDx10. Welcome to the forums.
You have posted in the correct sub-forum so long as you are on about Touch/iPhone games and not iPod click-wheel games.
FF7 is not out, but those graphics are definitely possible on these devices, so that won't be the reason why it's not been ported I assure you.
As for Zelda, that is a Nintendo only franchise and so will never be on any other platform other than a Nintendo one.

Thanks. As for Zelda, are there similar games to it?
03-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDx10 View Post
Thanks. As for Zelda, are there similar games to it?
Someone else may be able to answer that- I've been too busy beavering away at my own game these last few weeks. Sorry. I know there are 1 or 2 fantasy RPG's out there, but their names escape me. Anyone care to interject?
03-31-2009, 11:34 AM
The "closest" to Zelda (and by closest I mean don't get your hopes up) are:

Pocket Hero
Opal's Quest
Chronicles Of Inotia

Pocket Hero might be worth trying because it at least is playable. Opal's Quest I only bought because it was 99 cents at the time, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it for a $2.99 price tag. Inotia might fit the bill, but I haven't tried it so I can't comment.

Hopefully in May Zenonia will be out, and this might be more along the lines of what you're looking for.

As for C&C: Red Alert, as mentioned they are making a C&C game, though I don't know if it's been specified where it will fit in the franchise. In the mean time, Warfare Incorporated might work for you.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-31-2009, 12:04 PM
That game Zenonia is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks! I'll probably just wait for that one.
03-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDx10 View Post
That game Zenonia is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks! I'll probably just wait for that one.
No problem. Just tell them I sent you

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
zenonia is one of the most anticipated games by me and a lot of others on here as it looks very promising. gamevil will make some money i think when it comes out.

LiamWUL Games Development
Gamecenter: walsh06
03-31-2009, 01:13 PM
FFVII- well there is final fantasy vii for the iphone. you can get it through jailbreaking but i heard many people say it's laggy. Vay is very similar to FF.

Zelda- yea, just as PointOfLight said, zenonia seems to be similar but i feel like it's more like Sword of Mana. can't wait for that though

Any hockey games?- maybe Ice Stars

Command and Conquer: Red Alert- yes there will be a C&C game but im not sure that it's the Red Alert one

Family Feud- no

Last edited by darksoul; 03-31-2009 at 01:18 PM.