★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: PatternHead just launched!

02-19-2011, 03:55 PM
PatternHead just launched!

Please check out my new app, PatternHead. Check Promo section for codes if you need.

Launched on Thursday, PatternHead is quickly climbing the charts in Canada, already listed as a New and Noteworthy Puzzle and Ed. Game app. The free version seems to be doing really well in Russia and Peru

For SwipeHead fans, it's quite similar, but more focused, intuitive, and just a lot cleaner, if that makes sense...oh, and the fish has been replaced

For those new to the ~Heads, it's a really unique 2D pathfinding maze with hidden memory games to boot. Part of the game is figuring out how to play, so I won't explain too much more...

Please play, enjoy, and of course - rate and review!
Thank you kindly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_1.png
Views:	3
Size:	517.6 KB
ID:	30189   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_2.png
Views:	4
Size:	567.3 KB
ID:	30190   Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_3.png
Views:	2
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	30191  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ipad_4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	30192  
02-19-2011, 05:36 PM
PatternHead PatternHead PatternHead

I CAN'T believe a misspelled my own game in the post's title!
It's PatternHead, not Patterned.

Last edited by rolypolyfishhead; 02-20-2011 at 12:10 AM.

02-21-2011, 07:50 AM
I was surprised to find a promo code for this in my inbox when I logged in. I grabbed it immediately, remembering how much I loved SwipeHead. I was worried that the formula would have lost its luster after playing through SwipeHead a few times, but I was happily proved wrong. This is more in the same vein, and just as good. The patterns start out a bit more obvious, providing a little bit more direction in the early stages, but things do get challenging again and you'll get the same clever feeling you got with the first one when you solve a particularly tricky maze.

TLDR: This is a very clever sequel to a very clever game, with unique gameplay. If you like logic and pattern recognition puzzles, it's well worth your time and money.
02-21-2011, 08:07 AM
what do people do to get promo codes in their inboxes? im active and that never happens.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!
02-21-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
what do people do to get promo codes in their inboxes? im active and that never happens.
Increase your inner awesome.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms
02-21-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
Increase your inner awesome.
*have begun meditation*

02-21-2011, 09:18 AM
meditation is working. check your inbox.
02-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Sir Spork, I am flattered.

Thank you. Your comments are very much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSporkWithin View Post
I was surprised to find a promo code for this in my inbox when I logged in. I grabbed it immediately, remembering how much I loved SwipeHead. I was worried that the formula would have lost its luster after playing through SwipeHead a few times, but I was happily proved wrong. This is more in the same vein, and just as good. The patterns start out a bit more obvious, providing a little bit more direction in the early stages, but things do get challenging again and you'll get the same clever feeling you got with the first one when you solve a particularly tricky maze.

TLDR: This is a very clever sequel to a very clever game, with unique gameplay. If you like logic and pattern recognition puzzles, it's well worth your time and money.
02-21-2011, 09:29 AM
The Spork's description has intrigued me. I'd like to give it a test and review if possible. Thanks

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-21-2011, 09:50 AM
The game plays like a visual maze, only the visuals are set in a patern. One you have an idea of the pattern its your job to continue making this patern appear by swiping up down left or right. The monkey comes into play with your mistakes. If you are off the pattern and try to continue, the chimp will bless you with his ugly mug and a red X, leading to a subtraction of your overall score.

Its a great puzzle/logic game and a variation on maze games that i have never run across before. Lots of stages, responsive mechanics, and a different take on navigating a maze...definitely recommend it.