★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What games do you recommend?

03-31-2009, 11:02 AM
What games do you recommend?

I need some new games as I am starting to get bored of the ones I have. The ones I have paid for are:

Baseball Superstars '09 : What I currently play the most, but after I beat my "MyLeague" season as a hitter, I feel as if I'm starting to lose interest.

Monopoly : To me, it's only fun when you're playing with other people.

SimCity : Too confusing, not as fun as I thought it would be.

Fieldrunners : It was great the first few months I had it, but haven't played it since really.

iDracula : Fun game, Haven't lost interest yet.

Bomber Online : I regret buying it (However, it was only 99cents so no big deal) Only played it once.

The free games I have are:

Lux Touch - good game, still play
Arcade Bowling and Arcade Hoops - great games, recommend these to everyone

I'm just looking for games that will keep me entertained.
I want to know if these games are worth buying (a little pricey)

Real Soccer '09
Who Wants to be a Millionaire (have the demo)
Scrabble
Wheel of Fortune
Brothers in Arms

Also, I am looking for a good RPG similar to Final Fantasy VII. Are there any on the iPod that are fun?

Thanks for your time!
03-31-2009, 11:03 AM
Real Soccer 2009 and BIA are both worth the money, IMO.

03-31-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDx10 View Post
I need some new games as I am starting to get bored of the ones I have. The ones I have paid for are:

Baseball Superstars '09 : What I currently play the most, but after I beat my "MyLeague" season as a hitter, I feel as if I'm starting to lose interest.

Monopoly : To me, it's only fun when you're playing with other people.

SimCity : Too confusing, not as fun as I thought it would be.

Fieldrunners : It was great the first few months I had it, but haven't played it since really.

iDracula : Fun game, Haven't lost interest yet.

Bomber Online : I regret buying it (However, it was only 99cents so no big deal) Only played it once.

The free games I have are:

Lux Touch - good game, still play
Arcade Bowling and Arcade Hoops - great games, recommend these to everyone

I'm just looking for games that will keep me entertained.
I want to know if these games are worth buying (a little pricey)

Real Soccer '09
Who Wants to be a Millionaire (have the demo)
Scrabble
Wheel of Fortune
Brothers in Arms

Also, I am looking for a good RPG similar to Final Fantasy VII. Are there any on the iPod that are fun?

Thanks for your time!
Real soccer is very good. Elemental Monster TD is awesome. I would also recommend Heavy Mach and Zombieville.
03-31-2009, 11:05 AM
I don't know if it's similar to final fantasy, but my favorite RPG/action game on the iDevice is Galaxy on Fire, a HUGE world to explore, over 20 hours of gameplay etc...

http://www.tenfingersclub.com for fair reviews and the occasional promo code giveaway.
Car Jack Streets is out!!!!Link
Looking forward: Bethesda game, Terminator
I'm Playing Galaxy of fire 3D, Galcon, Watchmen: Justice is Coming, and Black Shades
03-31-2009, 11:17 AM
For RealSoccer, I've noticed on the iTouch that you can't touch the screen in 2 different places (unless you're minimizing or maximizing the screen). Is this a problem in RealSoccer? For example, if you're using the D-pad on the left, can you use the buttons on the right at the same time, or do you have to let go of the D-pad?
03-31-2009, 11:32 AM
Vector Tanks is a really overlooked (well outside these forums) gem of a game. Great portable version of Battlezone.

Let's Golf of all games I've played so far is the closest to DS/psp quality. Plays a lot like Hot Shots Golf and Pangya.

Also while I haven't played it Vay is suppose to be a very good port of the SegaCD RPG and I would think it would offer a lot of game play for the buck.
03-31-2009, 11:33 AM
If you're into racers, Aqua Moto is the best one available in and out of water.

If you're into match-3, Gemmed is the way to go especially with the monsters twist (lite version available; full update version pending approval)

If you like humor and physics racing, GI Joyride is the best and there is a 1.5 update due in April.

If you like TD games, Besiegement and ElementalMonster are the deepest ones.

If you like visual TD games, Sentinel is the way to go. Dungeon Defense is too, but it's weak on content right now.

If you like puzzles, Trism, Ankagua3D, and Puzzle Prism are the ones that I've been playing lately. There are more of course, but I recommend these right now.

If you like word games, Scrabble, Textropolis, Twisty Text, WordJong, Wordsworth, Wurdle are all pretty good. Scrabble is pretty good, and I wouldn't hesitate to spend my money on it.

If you like risk-type games in addition to Lux, take a look at vConqr; it's a decent game and the dev is responsive to feedback.
03-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Vay is the only RPG game close to what I'm looking for based on the pictures. Are there any other games like this?
03-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Well, I have been looking at Vay myself recently and found this review:

http://www.screwattack.com/node/9565

I may buy it at some point - never played a JRPG and would like to try one. It seems that it is a solid remake of a decent old game, too.

As to the other RPGs and hybrids, these have Lites and I suggest that you try them:

The Quest - turn-based, deep RPG in the western style - think Might and Magic or Eye of the Beholder, but with a single character.

Puzzle Quest - very fun and addictive RPG/ match 3 hybrid. You might like it even if you are generally cool towards match 3 games. I did.

Arvale - a humorous JRPG-ish game.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen

Last edited by Isilel; 03-31-2009 at 12:40 PM.
03-31-2009, 12:41 PM
Galaxy on Fire is a very good game.