★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Free promo codes for a walkthrough! INKoming strategy guide contest

03-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Free promo codes for a walkthrough! INKoming strategy guide contest

Strategy Contest!!!

The winners will be awarded with FREE PROMO CODES for the full version of INKoming!

Terms:
- Download the free lite version of the game.
- Achieve 100% (Perfect Roadkiller Victory) on level 7.
- Take a screenshot on the victory screen.
- Write a strategy guide (build order, tactics, etc...) about how you did it.
- Post it on this thread.

The fastest five guide writers will receive a promo code, and it will appear in a "Strategy Guides" section on our site (http://www.morethan2weeks.com/).
04-06-2009, 07:42 AM
I've made it with a pewpew and two splash tower))
i'm an INKmaster!!! lolz

i pmed you my e-mail adress!

where is my promo code?

04-06-2009, 08:28 AM
I would have a promo code. Thanks
04-06-2009, 03:11 PM
I noticed this game has a bug with the pause menu. While it does stop the creep movement, it doesn't seem to do it completely. The towers will still think the creep has moved for 1 shot after you resume gameplay. They seem to fire ahead of the creep, then readjust. If you put your phone into sleep, you may very well have a failed level on your hands when you wake the device up.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 04-06-2009 at 03:59 PM.
04-06-2009, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvolko View Post
i'm an INKmaster!!! lolz

where is my promo code?
Are you sure played the right map? The 7th level doesn't have any cluster enemies, while the ones before it do.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
04-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvolko View Post
i'm an INKmaster!!! lolz

where is my promo code?
sorry, read the rules carefully. post a screenshot with strategy, unless i can't send you the code. but nice try :-)
04-06-2009, 08:57 PM
oo a contest for a TD, I'm in.
04-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I noticed this game has a bug with the pause menu. While it does stop the creep movement, it doesn't seem to do it completely. The towers will still think the creep has moved for 1 shot after you resume gameplay. They seem to fire ahead of the creep, then readjust. If you put your phone into sleep, you may very well have a failed level on your hands when you wake the device up.
it's not a bug. i explain how that works in our game.

inkoming uses a grid based system, basically the creeps "jump" from tile to tile in the map. so it's not a 'wysiwyg' thing :-) you may see the creep move through a tile linearly, but technically it just "sits there" until the time comes to jump to the next tile.

so when you unpause the game you see that our creep is already passed through the tile, but he was already there. the animation helps the player to sense the passing time, but the tower don't cares about the animation, it knows what's happening in the background... the tower knows all creeps' discrete position, and if one is in its range, it will fire, while the user see the creeps' movement in a more extended way.

so basically the tower won't miss any shots cause pausing/unpausing.
04-07-2009, 12:10 AM
Nice game, I've managed to finish level 7 but not on roadkill victory.. but i will soon
One thing though, I received a call in the middle of a game and when i finished the call it didn't continue where i left off, i had to start the level all over again. Hope the full version doesn't do this.
04-20-2009, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Are you sure played the right map? The 7th level doesn't have any cluster enemies, while the ones before it do.
Not too much cluster enemies, but the splash towers have great road damage. they consume a lot of ink at boost lvl 3 so i often build 2 of them, and use them on boost lvl1 and 2. It's enough to kill most creeps, you only have to support them with a pewpew or somehitng.

...by the way thanks for the promo code :-) The full version is epic! :-)