★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket God 1.37 - The Moron Pests [Update: Out Now]

02-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Pocket God 1.37 - The Moron Pests [Update: Out Now]

Another month and another SOTI. This time we are doing a cross over with The Moron Test guys. We submitted this update on Tuesday 2/15/11, Hopefully it will be approved this week.

We really tried to incorporate a lot of fan suggestions in this update. The first thing we added is a Dream Bubble that opens when the pygmies are sleeping. The dream bubbles will open new locations in the future set in a dream area of the map. Once you visit the location for the first time through the dream bubble, a shortcut will appear on the map so you can go there when ever you want. Our next update will also be a new dream location.

The new location for this update is called the Island of Misfit Cross Overs. We will start fleshing it out as we do more cross overs (which we want to take a break from so please don't bug us about doing a mini gore cross over). For now we are including the snake from the Moron Test. The snake moves around the island and if you can grab it and throw it on the head of one of the pygmies, it will swallow it whole and start start The Moron Pests game.

The Moron Pests, takes place inside the snake's stomach. Evidently it also swallowed the turtle, rubber duck, and bees from the Moron Test and also a bunch of colored buttons as well.

The game is kind of like the runs, because the pygmy is running away from the turtle to the right. instead of controlling the pygmy directly, you have to answer moron test style questions at the bottom of the screen. each correct answer makes you go faster, incorrect answers make you trip and slow down, and you also slow down the longer you take to answer the questions. All the questions are meant to throw you off, so you need to read them carefully. Some question, like the ones with the bees and rubber ducks are actually set up like they are attacking the pygmy in the scene and you have to tap the ducks from biggest to smallest in order for them not to attack you.

The game turned out fairly awesome, at first we really were not sure how it was going to turn out but the graphics are great and the game play is pretty fun. It really has you on edge when the turtle is getting close enough to attack and you have to answer the next 3 or 4 questions quickly in order to gain a lead again.

For this update, we are including a Spider Skin Pack which turned out really awesome. We are trying to find help in order to release the updates quicker so a friend of Allan's name Tim did these for us. They turned out really great.

Technology wise, there hasn't been any big changes, I am using some of the mechanisms from the ipad game in order to do the animated user interfaces. mainly, we have just been struggling with getting updates to both the iphone and the ipad games out on time. We found some artists that will be working with us in order to make things go faster. Our goal is to do an update for each game once a month.

02-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Nice !!
cant Wait

02-20-2011, 06:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to Metalbear
Long time no see dave!

Besides the icon, which seems a little iffy to me, I really like the amount of content put into this update. Seems extremely creative.

"Where is Minigore? We want Minigore! Give us Minigore nnooowwww!" Sorry. You provoked me.

I'll be monitoring the threads again in case you wanted to know, I look forward to speaking with you dude.

The Metal Fist
Gnome King of the North
Bolt Creative, Rocketcat Games and MountainSheep
Originally Posted by TheGuyWhoDoesStuff View Post
Metal bear is going to be a king boss of minigore?

Last edited by Metalbear; 02-20-2011 at 06:16 PM.
02-20-2011, 06:16 PM
oh I can't wait
I can't believe we actually got the dream bubble idea into the game
not my favorite icon, but yeah for the first "all red" icon
I would have gone with a "dream bubble" in the icon because we just had a pygmy running on an icon

I really hope this dream bubble idea can get a lot of new features into iPhone Pocket God. I already have ideas swirling around my head, but I know you guys are busy. So I will hold them off.

Wow, another thing I can't believe is I'm actually excited for a mini-game update

keep up the good work guys

I wish I was the Doctor and had a TARDIS and one those Sonic screwdrivers

Last edited by oldskooler81; 02-20-2011 at 06:19 PM.
02-20-2011, 06:19 PM
02-20-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes! My dream bubble idea came through to you guys! The update sounds awesome.

I hope The Creeps! makes its way through in the dream world.

Top 5 Apps Dead Space. World of Goo. AC II: Discovery. Plants vs Zombies 1 and 2.
02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Nice to see this on the TouchArcade forums again. I remember the time when every week we would get a new update. I miss the times

Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
...I vink you fail good sir. I don't vink vat yo get ze jok.
Proud Member of SAB
SAB Intelligence Officer
02-20-2011, 08:22 PM
pretty awesome, i can't wait!

hooray for the dream bubble idea(i remember when people suggested using the dream bubble for a "the creeps" crossover back in 2009 :P)!

Playing: Chopper 2, Pocket God, Minigore, Battle Bears-1, Doodle Jump, Tilt to Live, SuperMega Worm
Plus+: J3553 | Feint: J3553H | Crystal: J3553 | Gameloft Live: J3553
02-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Awesome update. But what we rlly need is MINIGORE!!!! Just kidding. Keep up the good work. Can't wait. No I really can't wait. I'm serious!!!!! Again just kidding.
02-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I actually really like the icon. It looks cool. I'm really liking the talk about the dream world. It looks like there is alot Of room for expansion in the dream world