★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Join the blob invasion!

Rampage across the US as a group of angry space blobs bent on world destruction. Lay waste to over 140 US cities as you punch, kick, bite, burp, spin, and bowl your way through swarms of military trying to stop you.

Try to keep your health up by eating humans and animals as you get pummeled by tank shells and machine gun fire. If you lose your health, the earthlings will capture you. You can rescue your captured blobs, but they will be heavily guarded!

Smash everything in sight with your tentacles or kick vehicles into buildings for extra damage. Tag team with 3 different blobs, each with their own berserk powers. The more destruction you do, the more berserk you can go, giving you the power to level a city in seconds!

- Over 140 cities to destroy
- Tanks, helicopters, APC's and soldiers will bring their might to stop you
- 3 blobs to choose from each with their own special berserk powers
- Scoring system keeps track of the damage that you do, by each blob individually and as a team. Top 10 high scores (total damage) are stored locally.
- Graphics and controls are laid out according to the device you are using: iPhone/iPod 3rd generation optimized graphics, iPhone/iPod 4th+ generation retina display compatible for crisp gooey goodness, iPad graphics and control layout for iPads
- Learn US geography and the locations of major cities (It has to have some educational value, right? :)
- Great stress relief!

* Compatible with iOS 3.1 and above
02-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Wow... why does this game look so awesome? Will download when I get to wifi and toftt.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-20-2011 at 10:05 PM.

02-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Worth the download, very similar to the classic Rampage arcade series. Berserk Blobs has a nice sci-fi vibe straight up my alley with UFOs ferrying about 3 blobs who wreck havok on various cities. You can switch blobs at any time but only one is ever on screen (so far).

The controls are servicable but not as diverse as I'd like (maybe more attack options or a defense button would be nice; however for $0.99 iOS gaming this is par for the course). There is a single stick portion to move a button to push to attack and if people are present a button to push to eat them regaining health. As you attack you build up "berserk" special power attacks (the one I sampled was an ultrasonice scream that dented buildings it hit).

It's cutesy that they give "140 cities" to attack but so far they're very similar and generic townships (some landmarks would have been nice). As you attack buildings they crumble and fall. To complete a level you must destroy all buildings and trees. The first level has no adversaries then the second has military helicopters and foot soliders (haven't played a third yet). Once you beat one level it unlocks levels in close proximity (i.e. within the same state). The blob health carries over from one town to the next so after finishing the second I have about 80% health which is a nice feature adding more challenge.

So far so fun, from the screenshots it looks like there are cow levels and military bombardment waves to look forward too. Good pick up and play value.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-20-2011 at 10:18 PM.
02-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Worth the download, very similar to the classic Rampage arcade series. Berserk Blobs has a nice sci-fi vibe straight up my alley with UFOs ferrying about 3 blobs who wreck havok on various cities. You can switch blobs at any time but only one is ever on screen (so far).

The controls are servicable but not as diverse as I'd like (maybe more attack options or a defense button would be nice; however for $0.99 iOS gaming this is par for the course). There is a single stick portion to move a button to push to attack and if people are present a button to push to eat them regaining health. As you attack you build up "berserk" special power attacks (the one I sampled was an ultrasonice scream that dented buildings it hit).

It's cutesy that they give "140 cities" to attack but so far they're very similar and generic townships (some landmarks would have been nice). As you attack buildings they crumble and fall. To complete a level you must destroy all buildings and trees. The first level has no adversaries then the second has military helicopters and foot soliders (haven't played a third yet). Once you beat one level it unlocks levels in close proximity (i.e. within the same state). The blob health carries over from one town to the next so after finishing the second I have about 80% health which is a nice feature adding more challenge.

So far so fun, from the screenshots it looks like there are cow levels and military bombardment waves to look forward too. Good pick up and play value.
So is the game very similar to the old rampage games?
02-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radchad1 View Post
So is the game very similar to the old rampage games?
Yes... the gameplay style is similar, smash buildings eat humans fight military. Obviously it's less polished than the arcade hit.
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Why does this look so appealing and fun? Kudos to the developer for creating an inviting game with simple minimalistic graphics that don't distract you from the gameplay (this is the one reason why I haven't been able to delete Black Shades off of my iPad). I am definitely going to try this out.

03-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the review and feedback, guys!

Just wanted to let you know that my first update has been released by Apple. I've included a scoring system that lets you know how much damage you've done to buildings, military, civilian vehicles/structures, and people eaten/squished. The stats are tracked by blob and by team.

Check it out, and thanks for the downloads!