★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PAN Vision AB
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 32.5 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: ## Featured in over 450 stores worldwide!

Welcome to Mariachi Hero, the game where you dance to survive!

Play as El Mariachi or La Mariacha, use your sixshooters and dance skills to stay alive in this crazy rhythm game! Squash bugs to the beat of beautifully recreated mariachi classics! Pit your skills against thousands of other players via Game Center, or beat your friends' scores on Facebook.

## FEATURES ##
- Game Center leaderboards
- Facebook integration
- Great mariachi music
- Millions of cockroaches- An endless number of levels
- Two bonus game levels, where you can rest your blistering feet and instead swipe away and shoot some more roaches!

Become a fan of Mariachi Hero on facebook.com/MariachiHero

More cool games by PAN Vision
- Pirates vs Ninjas vs Zombies vs Pandas
- World in War

Follow us on Twitter.com/PANVision
Like us on Facebook.com/PANVision
More information on www.panvisiongames.com
02-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Love the graphics and the gameplay in the video i found....but the review on StP didn't make it a buy yet....

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"
02-21-2011, 02:21 PM
I picked this up the other day it's a fun game nothing groundbreaking but fun all the same
02-21-2011, 04:39 PM
found a bug

I picked it up, because I'm a rabid fan of Samba de Amigo, and the game's not half bad. Well, actually...that's precisely what it is, but let me explain.

The core gameplay mode is pretty good. Our member of the Mexican Mafia stands defiantly in the middle of the screen, brandishing his six-shooters. When the appropriately themed music starts to play, cockroaches and other nasties stream in primarily from six lanes. There are six touch pads positioned in a hexagon around your hombre and when a cockroach is over a pad, you tap on it and he squashes it with his boot heel. Tapping in time to the tunes is the whole point and it works.

As the levels progress, more and more elements are thrown into the mix. Apparently, our Mexican Mojambo likes to eat peanuts, so when they show up in the roach queue, you let them pass and he chows down on them. If you mistakenly tap them, you are...peanalized (enjoy the veal, ladies and germs). Same way with the rubber bombs that bounce toward you, although these you have to defuse by a well-placed bullet. Whiskey bottles (single-malt, I believe) and underfed vultures fly through the sky and must be shot down. If you can get into the vibe of the game, this core gameplay can be quite entertaining. Not DDR/DJMAX-level entertaining, but fun, nonetheless.

Where the game faulters, for me, is in the two mini-games that are interspersed between the levels. Both are closeups of our Muchacho and the player's job is to either swipe bugs off the screen or blast them with his six-shooters. The swipe section doesn't utilize multi-touch and difficulty simply scales each try, by the number of bugs. The core mechanic of the pistola section is to reload each or your heavy irons, when needed. Neither mode is bad, per se, but there is just no spark there. These interludes could have been Fruit Ninja-style mashing madness, but instead, they are simply repetitive and unchallenging. If the developers take note of what makes that game great, for instance, they could make these mode works. Personally, I wish the developers would have left them out entirely and saved their time and energy to improve the core game, because it has real potential.

The core game is missing many of the little touches that make a rhythm game great. The touch pads need better and more obvious effects, when he player taps them. They are too small and that makes the touch timing hard to gauge. They are also too bunched up in the center of the screen, I assume so the player has enough warning for incoming roaches, but these are the types of issues a developer needs to brainstorm good solutions for, if they want a top-selling title. Combos, chains, press-and-holds, and slides are all noticeably absent and those are the types of things that will pull rhythm gamers to game.

Luckily, this is only v1.0, and there is plenty of time to add these features to what is already a good framework. The Illustrator-style graphics are quite good, the music is thematically rich, and the potential is there. All they need to do is focus on improving and polishing the gameplay.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Nice review DJ I agree this game has a lot of pontential just needs a few tweaks as for the mini games as they are they should have been left out as they really serve no purpose
02-22-2011, 02:58 AM
Again a great and extensive review DJ....thank you very much for sharing...

OldskoolNL.nl : "Not Old, Just Older"