★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ancient Frog (Lite Edition)!

03-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Ancient Frog (Lite Edition)!

[App Store Link, Free]

Quote:
AncientMoose (developer)

"I'm sorry if people are finding there's too much guesswork involved. It was my intention that you should be able to learn the frog's range of motion, and spot patterns in the puzzles that he'll be able to bridge. I agree that hitting the perfect score can be a real mission!

Anyway, for people who aren't sure about it, there's now a light version, Ancient Frog LE. A smattering of levels and a couple of frogs, so you can try it for free and see if you want to pay for the full experience."

The Game

Ancient Frog is a wholly original puzzle game. The aim is to move your frog from one end of the board to the other. You can only move one leg at a time, and only one foot can rest on a particular point at a time.

There's no time limit - you can take your time considering your next move and watching the gentle interplay of light and shadow across the screen.

There's no maximum number of moves - however circuitous a route you take to the goal, you'll unlock that puzzle.

A target number of moves is provided, if you want to aim for a perfect solution. But achieving that perfect solution will sometimes require fiendishly twisted thinking!

Youtube link | Pop Up

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 03-31-2009 at 02:57 PM.
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
Very, very awesome. I've been wanting to check this out

[check] ancient frog lite
[ ] Zen Bound lite.

what.

03-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the heads-up! Been wanting to try this for a while.

EDIT: graphics are absolutely superb! They look HD ! Really enjoyable game, going to put it on my 'to get' list, I have about 20 dollars worth of apps to pay off

Last edited by ajd90; 03-31-2009 at 02:28 PM.
03-31-2009, 02:22 PM
rejoice!* hopefully they ll get more sales going, its an excellent game!
03-31-2009, 02:24 PM
It really is not only an excellent game, but an absolutely gorgeous game as well.
03-31-2009, 02:28 PM
I have yet to buy Ancient Frog as I don't know a whole lot about it. Could it be described as an updated, modernized, 2009 version of Frogger? The following quote, taken from above leads me to believe so:

"The aim is to move your frog from one end of the board to the other. "

Was that not the original goal of Frogger? I am not bashing this game, just trying to learn more about it so I can make a more educated purchase.
03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_h_i_c_a View Post
I have yet to buy Ancient Frog as I don't know a whole lot about it. Could it be described as an updated, modernized, 2009 version of Frogger? The following quote, taken from above leads me to believe so:

Was that not the original goal of Frogger? I am not bashing this game, just trying to learn more about it so I can make a more educated purchase.

As you've just read.. there is a lite version for you to try..

No, it's not a modernized version of frogger, you're moving the frogs body parts into the holes that fit each part,

it's sort of a weird mix of rock climbing, and twister.

what.
03-31-2009, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_o_h_i_c_a View Post

Download the lite version! IMHO, it's better than Frogger (although I haven't played much Frogger and never was the biggest fan). The graphics have to be seen to be believed though
03-31-2009, 02:34 PM
Nicee, finally I can find out how the gameplay is like.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-31-2009, 02:38 PM
DUDE! I've so been waiting for a lite version of this. Unfortunately it ain't showing on the mobile App Store right now, so it looks like I'm going to have to to wait 'til I get home I guess. This one's gonna have to shoot to the top of the review pile, too.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko