★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Robert Neagu
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 8.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: !!! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST !!!

This game was inspired by one of the best applications in the store, "Fruit Ninja". It does not try to compete with "Halfbrick"'s game in any way.

Although the game's theme and overall gameplay is inspired by "Fruit Ninja", all development and artwork is original.

If you wish to enjoy the orginal ideea you should try downloading the "Fruit Ninja" app developed by "Halfbrick".

Thanks,
Developer

!!! PLEASE READ THIS FIRST !!!

Gameplay information:

Your challenge is to cut as much fruit as you can while avoiding the dangerous poison bottles. If you slash multiple fruits in one move you'll be awarded with extra points. Don't let them fall end their life right away!

Some objects have extra powers:

* Lucky fruit (+10 points)
* Extra time (+10 seconds)
* Double points (everything gets doubled for 10 seconds)

Features:

1) Realistic 3D models with amazing physics
2) Incredible splatter effects
3) Multiple game modes: Classic, Arcade and Zen
4) Cool audio effects and ambiance
5) Game Center leaderboards and achievements
6) Customizable sword color
7) Intelligent level generator
8) Multitouch and multitasking supported

Tip: Score multiple combos in every game mode. It will bring up special objects that help you get the highest scores.

What are you waiting for? Let the slayin' begin!
Good luck!

airfire's comments:
Hello,

I developed a new application, called "Fruit Slayer"... and it was posted in the AppStore today.

Let's say that it tries to be one of the best fruit slashing games along with FruitNinja and VeggieSamurai.

I don't know if I managed to create the same addictive gameplay but it was a good try.

The download link is here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fruit-slayer/id416426337?mt=8

Some Promo Codes:

EJPFRA679PPH
KAXPKRLLRT3X
HK36AEKWJJYX

Thanks,
Robert

FruitSlayer Developer
02-22-2011, 05:43 AM
umm, codes are gone. Can u pm me one? I'll leave an honest review.

Gamecenter username: ItsmePaulD
Steam: Mortempus

02-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Genuine question - what's the point of this? It's a nice game in its own right, but it's pretty much an exact copy of Fruit Ninja only not quite as good, so you can't be thinking that people will buy it either instead of FN or as well as it (since it does nothing that FN doesn't do). So why spend time developing it instead of either doing something original, or at least a Fruit Ninja clone with some ideas of its own? Even making Candy Ninja or something would have given it some sort of unique quality.
02-22-2011, 05:54 AM
I have never seen a better game than this.

The idea is so original I have never seen a game like this before,

"well done"

Wait hang on what's this oh I seem to have a game called fruit ninja and what!!! It is so similar to this and wow it's ten times better and yes they came up with it themselves.

Geees, Can't you come up with you own ideas? I know you have said that it is an attempt on FN but come on why would some one want to buy your game over FN? Mate I think you should have came up with your own game not ride of some one elses glory. I think that devs like you reck the app store. I am not trying to be mean all I am saying is that people don't want to see rip offs of game. People are not that gullable that they will go and buy your game over top 5 fruit ninja. Next time just please come up with your own game. For the sake of the App Store. Please

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!

Last edited by triggywiggy; 02-22-2011 at 05:59 AM.
02-22-2011, 06:09 AM
+1 to the above comments
02-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Can you dice fruit?
Can you swipe with more than one finger?
Does the game have more fruits than FN?
Does it have more modes or achievements?
Does your game have more unlockable content?
Retina? Game Center? Leaderboards? Online play?
Does your game run smoother than FN? Better FPS?
Is it graphically better than FN?

That should've been your checklist before you released your clone app. You can't just do something in the same vain as another person, you have to surpass them. I have no allegiance to any developer so please don't think I'm playing favorites, but if your game isn't a step above FN, then it won't get my dollar.

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

Last edited by nesio718; 02-22-2011 at 06:23 AM.
02-22-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesio718 View Post
Can you dice fruit?
Can you swipe with more than one finger?
Does the game have more fruits than FN?
Does it have more modes or achievements?
Does your game have more unlockable content?
Retina? Game Center? Leaderboards? Online play?
Does your game run smoother than FN? Better FPS?
Is it graphically better than FN?

That should've been your checklist before you released your clone app. You can't just do something in the same vain as another person, you have to surpass them. I have no allegiance to any developer so please don't think I'm playing favorites, but if your game isn't a step above FN, then it won't get my dollar.

You should read the ops post again, he said and admitted it himself:

Quote:
I don't know if I managed to create the same addictive gameplay but it was a good try.
He can't judge about this himself.

Just pay more attention.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
He can't judge about this himself.
Wait....what? He can't judge this himself? Did u not read my post at all? I asked factual, non-opinion based questions(except for the graphics). I didn't ask him if his game is more fun or if I'll have a great time. I'm all for an indie dev, but nothing in his game is new. If there isn't something that would pull me away from the content-filled, multiple mode, online playing game that Fruit Ninja already is, then why would I pick up his app?

He even admits that his attempt is a good try, he's already judging himself....

Just pay more attention....

Plus+/openfeint: nesio718 Game Center: panama chief
Playing: this new iPad....DAT RETINA!!!
Waiting for: SALES!!!!

Last edited by nesio718; 02-22-2011 at 08:00 AM.
02-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Just thought I would go look at the screenshots even the font for the wording in the title screen is the same . Seriously he spent all of his time making a copy not a clone . To be fair everything looks quite nice so the developer obviously has some talent just no ideas of his own

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
02-22-2011, 12:28 PM

Would be cool if you could make a video of this game to show us what it looks like.

As for the cloning stuff, Veggie Samurai did clone Fruit Ninja, but they also added enough tricks to differentiate it.

Are there any particular modes or gameplay quirks that make this a little different from Fruit Ninja?