★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gemcraft Comes To iPhone!

02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Gemcraft Comes To iPhone!

Like gems? Like tower defense? Have we got the game for you!
Gemcraft, the online sensation is coming to iPhone.
Gemcraft for the iPhone is a completely new chapter in the Gemcraft series featuring all new user interface, art, and levels designed specifically for the iPhone.

The goal in Gemcraft is to combine the magic powers of 8 gem types each with its own special abilities. You can use Pure gems, or combine gems together to craft new and powerful multi-color gems combining their strengths.

Prevent waves of enemies from reaching your goal using gems in towers, traps, and detonating the gems themselves to wipe out hordes of monsters. Gemcraft features 32 levels across 4 worlds, a detailed skill system, achievements which earn you experience and full retina support. Earn experience and level up to unlock 7 different game modes as well as new skills.

I will be around to answer any questions people have about the game.

Greyhound Games is a small independent company who brought you Warlords: Call To Arms, Protector: The Planes, and is also a part of the Legendary Wars team!

We need BETA TESTERS!! The game is almost done and will be sent to apple in 1-2 weeks so if you want to help test it you can PM me. I will discuss the requirements with you on PM. Send me your IOS version, device type and email so I can contact you more easilly.

Enjoy these retina screenshots!

Carefully illustrated graphics just for the iPhone

Thats a lot of monsters!

Use zoom controls to see the whole battlefield

7 different game modes including endurance, game master and much more

28 different skills to unlock

32 levels across 4 worlds

Last edited by Greyhoundgames; 03-07-2011 at 09:13 AM.
02-22-2011, 01:42 PM
Also we have a vote on my site for which icon to use for the appstore. We welcome everybody's thoughts.
http://www.greyhoundgames.com/

02-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Beta test

I would like to test it out! Ive played GemCraft before on PC and loved it! Look forward to getting my free copy...hehe. (just sent you pm).
02-22-2011, 08:25 PM
number one! nice contrast. And you spelled "better" wrong, you wrote "beter".
02-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks. Fixed. Yes the yellow one is winning out heavily. Now how about some questions about Gemcraft! This game is so cool. I'm no biased at all!
02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Really excited about this one!

Noooooooooooooooooo... I spent so much time on GemCraft and Gemcraft 0... if this is coming to iOS... I'm doomed.

Seriously, the original games were extremely addictive, and also had a lot of replay value... combining different game modes with different skills for each level... plus combining gems... led to A LOT of possibilities. Plus leveling up your character, and revisiting earlier levels with upgraded skills... wow. One particular mechanic that I hope you kept was the fact that your total XP was equal to the sum of your high scores for each level... always giving you an incentive to surpass yourself. And finally, achievements that earned you bonus XP...

From what I can see, this is all-new content and levels, and I really dig the art style so... really excited about this! Sadly, I have no questions... and I'm afraid I don't really have the time to test any games (I'll waste so much time when this comes out lol) but I really encourage others to register for this!

Currently playing: Out There, Ledoliel, Doctor Who: Legacy, Sky Force 2014, Canabalt
02-22-2011, 09:17 PM
That mechanic was lost in translation when i converted the game from flash. After reading what you said and talking to the original author (Peter) I totally agree and think that is great. I will make that change tonight\tomorrow.
02-22-2011, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhoundgames View Post
That mechanic was lost in translation when i converted the game from flash. After reading what you said and talking to the original author (Peter) I totally agree and think that is great. I will make that change tonight\tomorrow.
Great... that was fast! Glad to know this feature will be back.

Currently playing: Out There, Ledoliel, Doctor Who: Legacy, Sky Force 2014, Canabalt
02-22-2011, 10:30 PM
this looks great, i'm interested in testing this out. I sent you a pm!

gonna go try the flash game!
02-22-2011, 10:38 PM
I have spent more time on Kongreate plyaing Gemcraft than any other game, and am really glad to see it coming out for iOS. Can't wait to play it. I love this game.