★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Colorbox
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 32.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Wave - Against Every Beat! Immerse yourself in an intense shooter where the beats and rhythm of your own music create the enemies and action around you.

---------------

PRESS QUOTES:

"Wave is the perfect tribute to old skool shooters: it boasts addictive gameplay, sterling presentation and is as tough as old boots" - PocketGamer.co.uk

"Wave: Against Every Beat is a great concept. Being able to play a bullet hell shooter that reacts to the music you play alongside it conjures up infinite possibilities" - 148apps.com

"Wave: Against Every Beat! is another original concept based on old games and concepts, bringing a new freshness to them. Music lovers will surely appreciate this one, and for arcade shooter fans it is definitely worth checking out." - AppAdvice.com

"Bright, visceral visuals; more lasers than you can shake a bag of Sci-Fi shows at. Fun bonus-mode mechanic; rewards players by breaking up the gameplay with something different." - AppSpy.com

"Addictive, polished shoot-em-up set up. Striking visuals. Brilliantly inventive bonus levels" - Gamezebo.com

"Fever, Drive, and Sudden Death modes add cool twists to the gameplay" - SlideToPlay.com

"A space shooter that is so much more intense than its forefathers that it feels like an entirely different game." - appolicious.com

---------------

Features:

- Levels and enemies are generated by musical beats. Feel the music, fight the enemies!

- Packed with techno tunes to drive the action!

- Original gameplay with awesome boss battles, unique levels and three awesome game modes that provide hours of action:

ARCADE: Play through various missions to be accomplished.

SURVIVAL: Music attacks you endlessly, prove your skill by completing as many objectives as possible.

FREE PLAY: Play with your own music!

- Many types of enemies, including some that adapt to your playing style

- High-quality graphics!

- Open Feint is fully supported.
02-23-2011, 07:43 AM
A day of quality releases! Gonna get busy.

02-23-2011, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaker View Post
A day of quality releases! Gonna get busy.
Could well be...

Hopefully this'll tickle a few people's fancies...

EDIT - on an unrelated note, does anyone know the tags for embedding a HD version of a youtube video?

Last edited by ataloss; 02-23-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: now you do! ... Thanks! ^_^
02-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
EDIT - on an unrelated note, does anyone know the tags for embedding a HD version of a youtube video?
It's [hd youtube]video id[/hd youtube] (without spacing)

Edit: IMNS to the rescue
02-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Question: can we use our own iPod music to generate a level?

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
02-23-2011, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Question: can we use our own iPod music to generate a level?
"FREE PLAY (DEMO): Play with YOUR OWN MUSIC and beat the level that is generated by your own song!"
02-23-2011, 08:19 AM
That would be cool that if the difficulty of DEMO mode depended on the type and speed of the song you have chosen.
02-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Didn't expect this to be released today. Instant buy!

Follow me (@zeroxharuhi) on Twitter!
02-23-2011, 09:35 AM
Is the actual game music like the music in the trailer? (I'm hoping yes.)

Quote:
Open Feint is fully supported.
I really hope this means OF w/ GC and not just OF.

Last edited by Dazarath; 02-23-2011 at 09:39 AM.
02-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Hmm, looks very nice indeed, and being able to use your own music is pretty sweet. I liked that feature in Infinity Gene, but the graphics in that one were a little dry for my tastes (although still really nice, but they didn't get my imagination firing, as it were).

Does Wave run at 60FPS? Those graphics look quite cool, and if they ran super-smooth, that'd be quite some eye candy.