★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Get your hands on Ogama Ben Ladder, M.Gandalfi, Emotika Diva or the incredible Outrageous B.(playing characters!) for $0.99 each!

This game is optimized for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPod Touch 3rd gen and above, iPad, iPad 2 and the New iPad!

Check our reviews:

"This game is incredibly addictive. It seems that there are always new obstacles to avoid!" ~iPhoneGeekPro

"Never thought I'd say this but dismemberment could be funny...someway" ~Amazing iPad Games

"The replay future is awesome. You can share your falls with all your friends and they can see them directly from the web!" ~iPhone Shocking Games

"This is too much...this is simply too much" ~Touch Gaming Pro

Game Description

Lead Fred in his futile exercise to avoid the inevitable - becoming a human slice of minced meat. Dodge obstacles, avoid limb damage when possible but remember to keep your head attached to your shoulders (and without smashing it too much), or its the end of the trip for you.

Still, it's not all doom and gloom! Regardless of any massive injuries, Fred will survive to tell the tale, and re-enact his deeds.

Key Features

* Plunge through over 28 different hazards
* Watch the replay of your "landing"
* Share your fall with your friends over Facebook and Twitter
* Dismemberment and gore galore for the whole family (assuming that all your children are 21)
* Amazing 3D sounds!

Follow us on twitter: twitter.com/fallingfred

McKrackeN's comments:
iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/falling-fred/id414729389
Falling Fred Site: http://www.fallingfred.com

Things don't always work as planned. In fact, as experience accumulates plans appear more and more to be nothing but a precise and well defined account for something that just aint gonna be so.
When the State Department for Elevator Shaft Safety and Wellbeing (SDESSW, or "Shaft Guys" as we call them) contacted us to create an application concerning public awareness of the hazards posed by open shafts, we thought we reached the top, baby!. This was out ticket out of our generic third world country poverty and maybe we could finally move under a highway, like our wealthy do.

*Sigh* it was such a short lived dream.

It all went down the drain when SDESSW (or Shaft Guys) checked our first release. Somehow, our Lead Foreign Relations Bureau misinterpreted the project specifications instead of an educational application for the safe and responsible operation of elevators, some creative license was taken and the resulting product was (according to their description): nothing but an excuse for the glorification violence and gore, devoid of the faintest redeeming factor and without the least resemblance to the specifications. A full transcript of their impressions would not be very constructive, and the language they used would probably get my account banned, so lets just say that they were less than satisfied.

Something had to be done with the rejected app - we had nothing else in line, and almost all chickens bought with the money we made from Psychoban were eaten. So, the original title Safe and Hygienic use of a Modern Open Shaft was changed to Falling Fred and here you have it.

Remember to share your plunges to Facebook!
02-23-2011, 09:10 AM
This looks awesome Loved the preview by AppSpy.

02-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Game Impressions

Just picked this as I like endless falling or running or jumping games as I'm a highscore junkee

First off the graphics are impressive the best I've seen in a game of this type as is the sound and the music .

Gameplay as you've guessed and seen from the vid is a falling game in this case down a shaft . In the shaft there are various obstacles too avoid like pipes , brick Walls , spinning blades , fire and a jet of air that pushes you about . There are also cubes with letters on which you pick up too replenish health. Too avoid coming to your death or at least being so badly injured you can't go on you have too avoid hitting your head too much or getting stuck on an object.

Controls are of the tilt variety which work really well.

Another neat feature is the replay of your death you can play back and post too Facebook or Twitter.
Highscores and Achievements are handled by Gamecenter.

Overall this is a really fun well polished game well worth giving a go especially if your a highscore freak like me

One thing I will say is after downloading restart your device as the first time I played I had a lot of slowdown . But this was gone after the restart .

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
02-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Glad you liked it!
The following updates will include plenty of new obstacles and.. a suprise
02-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNoble View Post
Glad you liked it!
The following updates will include plenty of new obstacles and.. a suprise
Cool yeah it's great I love the head in the corner as the health meter and some of the achievements are brilliant

02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Do you think the game has enough achievements?
02-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNoble View Post
Do you think the game has enough achievements?
Well it has 42 so I would say that is plenty more than most games but I'm sure the TA community will help out with thinking of a few more too add

02-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I left a five star review last night, I love this game.
02-23-2011, 12:01 PM
Send a message via ICQ to McKrackeN Send a message via MSN to McKrackeN Send a message via Yahoo to McKrackeN Send a message via Skype™ to McKrackeN
Thanks!!

Thanks all for the comments!! We're glad to see that you're enjoying the game!
02-23-2011, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I left a five star review last night, I love this game.
Yeah just left one myself great little game