★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Rasta Monkey vs. Sway

03-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Rasta Monkey vs. Sway

Okay, so I bought Sway about a week ago and I really like it. I saw a video of the gameplay for Rasta Monkey (I think on TA) and it also looks like a good game. But I was wondering if it's too similar to Sway. Should I still buy Rasta Monkey? What are all of your opinions on this? (Maybe it could help if you own both?)
03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
finish sway first...

then again i would get rasta now cuz its on sale for 99 cents

03-31-2009, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFonePhanatic View Post
Okay, so I bought Sway about a week ago and I really like it. I saw a video of the gameplay for Rasta Monkey (I think on TA) and it also looks like a good game. But I was wondering if it's too similar to Sway. Should I still buy Rasta Monkey? What are all of your opinions on this? (Maybe it could help if you own both?)
it is not too similar

while rasta monkey is a swinging game

you have to touch the arrows to more
unlike sway where it is u can touch any where

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I remember there was a thread just exactly like this, if not with the same title.
Come on, please search.

edit: there you go http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...y+rasta+monkey

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.

Last edited by don_k; 03-31-2009 at 04:41 PM.
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
They both have multiple characters though. A newly discovered feature in Rasta monkey might even the tides.

My friend said to me, "I think the weather's trippy." I said, "No, man, it's not the weather that's trippy, perhaps it is the way that we perceive it that is indeed trippy." Then I thought, "Man, I should've just said, 'Yeah."CS.one R3DC3ll Faction-Join us or die...proud member of TheBeastlyNinja Epic-uber elite comedy crew
03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
This thread doesn't even make sense. Rasta Monkey vs. Sway? Two COMPLETELY different games. Why would you even try to compare the two? That's just stupid just buy both of them and enjoy them both because they're both good games. C'mon now.

/sarcasm
03-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkei View Post
I remember there was a thread just exactly like this, if not with the same title.
Come on, please search.

edit: there you go http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...y+rasta+monkey
Seriously this is a waste of a thread.

/sarcasm
03-31-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDubby94 View Post
Seriously this is a waste of a thread.
to bad threads are unlimited

Currently Playing: MiniGore, LUXOR, Baseball Sluggers, Zenonia, Spy Bot Chronicles,
openfeint ID: stykman Plus+ ID: Stykman
Twitter: Stykman1 follow me
Beta tested: 15 games
03-31-2009, 05:39 PM
Send a message via AIM to JTHM87
While most of the time I agree with the whole "Use the search function!" complaint, sometimes it's valid to ask the same question later on. Perhaps the games have received updates that may change the general view on them etc.

Save that complaint for the guy who posts like 7 pointless threads about really silly things imo, though I know most of us forum-goers just love to eat people alive.

Now Playing: RE: Degeneration, FlightControl, Mafia Live!(775 908 694), Zenonia, Clue, and a whole lot more!
Follow me on Twitter! <3
Check this song out, it's amazing I promise!! Shout Out Louds - The Comeback
03-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTHM87 View Post
While most of the time I agree with the whole "Use the search function!" complaint, sometimes it's valid to ask the same question later on. Perhaps the games have received updates that may change the general view on them etc.
Can you explain more why you think we need different threads on the same question? So can every person create a new thread every month asking the same question?

Your argument is more suitable for 'what $0.99 games do you recommend?', as there'll always be new / on sale games at $0.99. But even that sometimes appears too often. What games do you recommend is better when a person asks the question for himself, eg: telling what games he likes and dislikes and asks for games recommendation that he might like.

But in this thread's case, you're just giving him an excuse for being lazy to search.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.