★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: ZapAttack

02-23-2011, 12:08 PM
ZapAttack

Hey Guys.

Newbie here but old time game dev. Just wanted to drop in and announce my first ios game - ZapAttack.

It's an old school tribute to the 80's arcade games - basically a very simple, blast everything, mad-skills-rule kind of game. Very simple mechanic but it gets quite frantic later on. I used to work on Arcade games back in the day and this is something I've had kicking around in my noggin for quite some time now - I finally got my act together and actually built it.

It should - the gods of approvals willing - be available this friday on the app store - I'll edit this when I have a link to the actual app.

It'll run on all generations of the Ipod Touch and Iphone (well, at least 3G onwards anyway) that are at IOS 4.2.

The ipad version should be available about 2 weeks later.

Here's a video of gameplay (taken on the PC version, since my engine is 100% cross platform).

Youtube link | Pop Up

Some (retina) screen shots here

Totally ready to chat about the game, experiences developing it, the tech, whatever!

Jake Simpson - TNBGames.

Last edited by JakeSimpson; 02-23-2011 at 12:20 PM. Reason: formatting.
02-25-2011, 11:51 AM
And here is the direct App Store link!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/zapattack/id420603590?mt=8

If you are into 80's retro blasters, this one is for you!

02-25-2011, 01:09 PM
And lets get that right and use the US version of the link.

Whoops.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zapattack/id420603590?mt=8&ls=1
02-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Game Impressions

Just downloaded this today and been playing it on and off all day. Real old school shooter, reminiscent of the C64 days. Has a classic feel to it and gets truely mental the further in you get. I've seen worse games than this on Xbox Live so the devs must be doing something right.

It's one of those that works whether you want a quick five minute blast or a long intense session of high score setting.

Definitely recommended.
02-25-2011, 04:11 PM
And just for kicks, here's a free promo code. I'll drop a few more in here throughout the day.

3F74YXELY4M3

Jake
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
And another one.

R4XEFT9TR7TY
02-26-2011, 06:26 PM
I love retro games!

Best of luck in the App Store

http://www.davidmolnarproductions.com developer of Interstellar Force Available NOW!

Follow me on Twitter: David994A
02-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
I was looking in to getting this app (looks great) and I saw this review. You gotta love iTunes reviews. Here it is

Quote:
My sex life improved immediately! Great game!

by Danimal1979
I was miserable and without the ability to please my twelve wives prior to playing this gem of old skool bullet tomfoolery.

Lo and behold, after 5 minutes of blasting little b*stards into pixelated dust, my groin lept up like an Alien out of John Hurt's stomach and my wives were incapacitated for at least the remainder of the day.

ALL TWELVE OF THEM.

I don't know if the creator of this game is a voodoo priest and put a virility spell on this game so all players would gain real life benefits from playing it, or that Oprah's sexy large frame on the telly set me off.

Either way, this game is great fun! Love the control system!

You won't find me on the leaderboards.