★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tiny Tech Studios
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 11.5 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Finders Keepers is a social interactive game about collecting. It simulates treasure hunting in the real world where other iOS Devices & Wi-Fi hotspots hold the treasure.

You find it, you keep it!

Each iOS device unlocks a random Finders Keepers item. Items can be...any "thing" really. They range from "Uncooked Fettuccine Noodles" to "Zebra Eating Grass" to "Dirty Green Welding Mask" to "Chocolate Chip Cookies" to "Distortion Effects Pedal" to...well you get the idea. With each iOS device potentially containing an uncollected Finders Keepers item, you may never look at another iOS device the same way again!

Gameplay Basics (3 classes of items):
*Classic - Players start off with this basic class of item
*Custom - Players can upgrade to this class once obtaining a certain amount of XP
*Signature - Super rare item given to select players (holds extremely high XP value)

Features Include:
-Over 2,000 unique items, and growing, to collect
-Over 40 different categories of items to discover
-Drop Feature that lets you "drop" your item anywhere for others to seek out and collect
-Map View to display locations of all your collected items with timestamp and location info
-Map View to display locations of "dropped" items for easy tracking
-Scan Feature to detect and collect "dropped" items nearby (Map View Only)
-Gain XP for collecting "dropped" items
-Gain XP for Giving/Receiving items
-Gain XP for simply "hunting" at Wi-Fi hotspots
-Level Up to increase your item's XP value
-Share your discoveries with others through integrated Social Networking Services
-Full HD Retina Display Support
-Game Center Support with Leaderboards and Achievements
-Custom Item Creation

Finders Keepers is a social game for everyone and its FREE!

****NOTE********************************
Devices must be in close proximity to collect items when "Broadcasting" or "Exchanging" items.
-Supports Mobile to Mobile exchange via Bluetooth
-Supports Mobile to Mobile exchange via Wi-Fi Network (same Wi-Fi network required)
-Supports Wi-Fi Hotspot exchange via Wi-Fi Network (same Wi-Fi network required)

TinyTechnician's comments:
Finders Keepers is out! The social interactive game about collecting...everything!

Just find another iOS Device and collect that item.

Give it a try, it's FREE.

02-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Finders Keepers - Never look at another iOS Device the same way again (v1.1 Out Now)

Finders Keepers v1.1 update is out!

Basically added "How To Play" Info screen to address initial feedback of..."How the heck do I play?!"

Give it a try, it's FREE.

If anyone has questions please let me know. I'm friendly...don't be afraid.

iPhone/iPod Touch Apps by Tiny Tech Studios

02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
will check out the update today
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Send a message via MSN to Lukearcade22
I posted my review of the game on the itunes store.

To be honest, it is not what I was hoping for. I was hoping it would be like Treasure World on the DS where you go round getting new items from Wi-Fi spots which results in completing collections of items. But unfortunately you can only get items if you exchange from somebody else...who has an iPod...and the game...and are near you...which to me is a total drag. It sucks for someone who has an ipod but none of his/her friends do, making the app useless.

Tiny Tech Studios, I really do hope you enable to receive items from Wi-Fi spots, this I believe would increase the popularity of the game as players can easily gain items regularly making the game much more fun as it encourages people to go out more looking for Wi-Fi spots (encouraging people to go out regularly to different areas, which is a plus).

I enjoy the general idea, and I appreciate your effort into this app!

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

Game Center ID: Lukearcade22
02-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukearcade22 View Post
I posted my review of the game on the itunes store.

To be honest, it is not what I was hoping for. I was hoping it would be like Treasure World on the DS where you go round getting new items from Wi-Fi spots which results in completing collections of items. But unfortunately you can only get items if you exchange from somebody else...who has an iPod...and the game...and are near you...which to me is a total drag. It sucks for someone who has an ipod but none of his/her friends do, making the app useless.

Tiny Tech Studios, I really do hope you enable to receive items from Wi-Fi spots, this I believe would increase the popularity of the game as players can easily gain items regularly making the game much more fun as it encourages people to go out more looking for Wi-Fi spots (encouraging people to go out regularly to different areas, which is a plus).

I enjoy the general idea, and I appreciate your effort into this app!
First off, thank you for your honest feedback. I really do appreciate you taking the time to give it a try.

When I first starting designing the network part of the app I actually planned for a "broadcasting" method which is very similar to what you're describing. For whatever reason it just didn't work out and there were also some limitations to it. I liked the idea of a treasure hunt and collecting completely unknown items...and I wanted the user to be able to do this anywhere. Relying completely on Wi-Fi didn't quite do this so I scrapped it and went with what I have now. I actually use some of the broadcasting code in the current implementation.

A lot of time has passed since I started this project and now that I have the exchange process working (for what I initially envisioned for the app) I definitely want to look into the "broadcasting" method again if that's what users want. If I can get that working and give the user the option (broadcast or handshake) I think it'll reach a wider audience.

So again, thanks for the feedback! As a developer I really do enjoy working on apps and when someone says they would love to see a particular feature...hell, I'll give it a go!

02-24-2011, 10:54 AM
This pleases me alot, and thanks for the quick reply!

If you haven't played Treasure World on the DS then I do suggest you have a go and see how the game mechanics actually work. I understand for something so simple like broadcasting can be ALOT of hard work and coding. As I am inspiring to be a game developer such as yourself (I'm only 16), I like to get involved with projects such as this one.

However, from similar games like Treasure World, I believe that this 'broadcasting' technique is very much possible. Apps such as 'Wi-Fi finder' are sure to be using the same scripts/coding as Treasure World.

I hope to hear from you in the future

Games I am Playing: Aiko Island, World Mosaics, Mage Gauntlet, Puzzle Quest, Time Geeks, Roll In The Hole and Sunday Lawn

02-24-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
This pleases me alot, and thanks for the quick reply!

If you haven't played Treasure World on the DS then I do suggest you have a go and see how the game mechanics actually work. I understand for something so simple like broadcasting can be ALOT of hard work and coding. As I am inspiring to be a game developer such as yourself (I'm only 16), I like to get involved with projects such as this one.

However, from similar games like Treasure World, I believe that this 'broadcasting' technique is very much possible. Apps such as 'Wi-Fi finder' are sure to be using the same scripts/coding as Treasure World.

Well, thanks for the encouraging support!

The more I think about it the more I really want to add the broadcasting feature. So I'm going to make it my main focus for the next update.

I have not heard/played Treasure World on the DS but will definitely look at it since you associate some of the mechanics you liked with Treasure World to the Finders Keepers App.

Yes, the "broadcasting" technique is possible (I'm already using a variation of it currently). And detecting Wi-Fi is already built into the basic levels of the SDK...it's all those other things that are tricky, hehe.

03-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Update: I got the Finders Keepers broadcasting feature implemented and a couple other good suggestions packed into the next update! The update has been submitted to Apple...so fingers crossed it'll come out next year (haha, I kid...but yeah the review cycle takes some time).

I'll let you know when the update is out but I just wanted to thank you (again), for the feedback and encouraging support. I'm just a developer trying to do my best (making Apps I think are fun and interesting) with the small bit of hope that it'll make some kind of funds to allow me to keep doing what I love

03-23-2011, 12:45 AM
The new Update for Finders Keepers is finally out! It took about 2 weeks to get through the Review process but it's finally here

I've tried to implement features based on user feedback so please check out the update.

What's New in Version 1.2

Broadcast at local Wi-Fi hotspots to gain XP and collect items!

Features Included:
  1. Broadcast Feature Added - Lets you collect items from other "Broadcasting" players at local Wi-Fi hotspots
  2. Sound Notifications Added - Set your device to Broadcast and forget it, sound notifications will alert you when new items are located or another player retrieves your broadcasting item
  3. Hunting Feature Added - Gain XP for simply "hunting" at Wi-Fi hotspots
  4. Appraised Value Added to Exchange Tab - Know exactly how valuable your item is without having to view the Stats page
  5. "How to Play" Menu updated - Game Overview and Broadcasting details added

So give the new update a try and of course feedback is always welcome.

03-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Excellent!

I am just testing it out, so I'll let you know how it goes!