★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Assault Commando (3D Shooter) FREE until monday!

02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Assault Commando (3D Shooter) FREE until monday!

We made the game available for free until Sunday midnight
Also visit our contest topic and win $50 iTunes gift card
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=85407

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Therealtrebitsch; 02-23-2011 at 07:35 PM.
02-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Some reason for a new post? AC already has a thread running for it: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...sault+commando

It's a good game, but hard as hell. I've had to do some levels many times over to get past them, and it's not helpful that when you die, you lose all your weapons, etc. (leaving you with only what's available to pick up, which is usually the bare minimum you need to pass the level). I'm still not finished with the game. Still, it's definitely worth $1, and for free, there's no risk at all.

Game Designer, Web Developer, Jack-of-all-trades
www.artfoundry.com
Gamecenter ID: Delerium
Alt TA: LCDDreams

02-23-2011, 07:24 PM
I opened up a new topic, because

1. you can't edit the title of the topic.
2. the title should catch the users' eyes and be descriptive
3. If you see an old topic with hundreds of views bumped up, but you remember already having seen it and have found nothing interesting in it, you won't look again probably.

Right?

And for the other concerns:
Yes, we are aware of the critics and we will try to do something about it, but first we have to get back something from the initial release, before we can put more work into it.

We have 3 other projects in the working and we rather concentrate on them for now.
02-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Thanks for making the game free!

Don't let them get you down but you might consider posting the the price-drop/freebie forum which might draw more attention from hand-out ravenous cheapies. This games seems cool but haven't gotten down to playing it yet.
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
This thread should be in "Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals". Cuz that's why we have that forum.
02-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealtrebitsch View Post
I opened up a new topic, because

1. you can't edit the title of the topic.
2. the title should catch the users' eyes and be descriptive
3. If you see an old topic with hundreds of views bumped up, but you remember already having seen it and have found nothing interesting in it, you won't look again probably.

Right?

And for the other concerns:
Yes, we are aware of the critics and we will try to do something about it, but first we have to get back something from the initial release, before we can put more work into it.

We have 3 other projects in the working and we rather concentrate on them for now.
#1 - Wasn't aware of that - are you sure? I'm pretty sure I've seen titles change before - maybe it's only the mods who can.
#2 - True, but I think some users and mods get annoyed if there are multiple threads for a single title - it gets messy and confusing to follow the progress of a game
#3 - Not necessarily - if I'm not/no longer interested in the game then yes. But if it's something I'm interested in, I'll almost always check the new post, especially if I'm subscribed to the thread (and I subscribe by default).

Glad to hear you guys are working on more titles - AC is definitely a good game, especially the graphics, and with tweaks to the issues I mentioned, could be excellent. So I'll be interested in seeing what else you come up with.

www.artfoundry.com
02-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I think, only mods can change topic titles.
You as a user have also the option, but it only changes the title in the topic, not on the forum list. If you know what I mean.
---

Sorry, I was not aware of having a forum for price drops.
Maybe a mod can move it there. I don't want to open up a new topic again :P

For the next big game I made a topic already (to be honest already two or tree through the months :P)

The first screenshots:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=84865

Last edited by Therealtrebitsch; 02-23-2011 at 08:36 PM.
02-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therealtrebitsch View Post
Yeah, I think, only mods can change topic titles.
You as a user have also the option, but it only changes the title in the topic, not on the forum list. If you know what I mean.
---

Sorry, I was not aware of having a forum for price drops.
Maybe a mod can move it there. I don't want to open up a new topic again :P

For the next big game I made a topic already (to be honest already two or tree through the months :P)

The first screenshots:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=84865
As with AC, the graphics look beautiful. I don't have an ipad though, so won't be for me (and actually, I'm not a huge tank battle gamer - I like vehicle battle games, but I'm more into ones with modifiable vehicles and lots of players).

www.artfoundry.com
02-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Yeah, that game will be not for everybody I assume. We will try to make it for the iPhone too, if it will make sense.