Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-24-2011, 06:26 AM
iPhone 5s

Default Shadow Era: tips, strategy, cards, decks.

I know there is forum on Shadow Era website. but not everyone want to register and visit several forums and more important, TA has more users.

Last edited by eev; 04-28-2011 at 05:42 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 06:28 AM
iPhone 5s

Here is some comparison of heroes of the same class for people who don't have any tcg experience. should help with the choice of Heroes.

Human Hero – Warrior
Boris Skullcrusher (4 - Destroy target ally with cost 4 or less) and Amber Rain (Dual Wield: Amber Rain can equip 2 weapons).
So far Boris is far more superior because simply there in no weapons for Humans at this moment and overall ability of Boris is good.

Human Hero – Hunter
Victor Heartstriker (Victor Heartstriker does +2 damage with a bow) and Gwenneth Truesight (Gwenneth Truesight does double damage with a bow against exhausted opponents).
Again there is no weapons atm, but so far Victor looks much more superior because possibility to deal +2 dmg to opponent and to attacking allies is great. Gweneth ability is kinda meh and situational.

Human Hero – Mage
Nishaven (5 - Plasma blast deals 4 damage to all allies) and Eladwen Frostimer (3 - Ice shard deals 4 damage to target ally).
Both heroes have very good abilities but have their strength in different decks. If you rely only on poison and fire enchantments, burn, fog, pacifism and damage from empty deck – the best choice is Nishaven, because he can deal very easily with agro decks. Wrath of God effect is always welcome in such type of decks. Eladwen Frostmire is better choice for burn decks with decent amount of creatures. He helps you to deal with opponents creatures and does not destroy your own, as Nishaven deck.

Human Hero - Priest
Jericho Spellbane (3 - Remove all attached effects from target) and Zhanna Mist (3 - Zhanna heals 3 damage)
Overall both heroes have nice abilities, but taking in account the matchups, Zhanna is more preferable because of Zaladar and Banebow.

Shadow Hero – Warrior
Ter Adun (4 - Destroy target item) and Logan Stonebreaker (4 - Destroy target damaged ally).
Ter Adun has superior ability just because it can deal with some abilities. Why would Warrior deck like to play Logan – I don’t know. The only threats are probably Aeon and Raven – not much.

Shadow Hero – Mage
Majiya (2 - Draw a Card) and Gravebone (2 - Return the last friendly ally killed back to your hand).
Both heroes are very good, they generate CA. The choice is simple, you play many good creatures – you play with Gravebone (excellent with Beladonna, but a little bit situational), u play more damage spells and effects – you play Majiya.

Shadow Hero – Wulven
Darkclaw (All melee damage to Darkclaw is halved) and Moonstalker (3 - Moonstalker is hidden and cannot be targeted until your next turn).
The choice is very easy. Moonstalker is one of the best Heroes. He has decent body, very good and cheap ability which can save you several turns in the late game, and gives the possibility to turn over the game. Darkclaw is meh, he does nothing vs burn decks.

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 AM
iPhone 5s

Good list for Eladwen Frostmire. 32 cards.

Midrange RG
----------------------------
1 Eladwen Frostmire

Creatures
4 Sandra Trueblade.
4 Blake Windrunner.
2 Raven Wildheart.
2 Aeon Stromcaller.
2 Aldon the Brave
1 Jasmine Rosecult

Abilities
4 Fireball.
4 Lightning strike.
1 Supernova.

Items
4 Research.
3 Portal.

if matchups are usually vs agro decks, then following cards can be added.
4 Rain Delay
4 Arcane Burst

The idea of the deck is simple, it’s basically kind of slow RG deck, with best creatures and best burn, with some spells which should help in matchups vs Wulven and Warriors. Eladwen just cleans the road to the enemy.

Last edited by eev; 02-25-2011 at 10:05 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 06:32 AM
iPhone 5s

Sample deck list for Moonstalker. 45 cards.

Lazy Moonstalker
-------------------------------
1 Moonstalker

Creatures
4 Infernal Gargoyle. Decent body for 3 mana, nice ability.
2 Plasma Behemoth. Very good ability for late game.
4 Belladonna. Decent body for 4 mana with draw a card. very nice.
2 Bad Wolf. Decent beatstick with nice body for 3 mana. However in many matchups Gargoyle is more preferable.

Spells
4 Captured Prey. Can deal with any creature in the game.
4 Now You’re Mine.
4 What Big Teeth.
4 Regeneration. You start basically with +16 life points and this card can easily deal with fire and poison.
2 Rabid Bite. A little bit expensive but it’s fog effect with situational removal.
2 Lone Wolf.
4 Here Be Monsters. Mana denial.
4 Rain Delay.
2 Bazaar.
2 Bad Santa.
-------------------------------

The strategy is simple. You have enough removal, pacifism and fog effects. Enough lifegain in order to easily win vs Mages and to have good matchup vs Zaladar. You can stall the game and win because of Regeneration, Lone Wolfs and What Big Teeth.

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 07:49 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 07:17 AM

Good decks, look for the AI opponents to be using these soon
Old 02-24-2011, 07:25 AM

Thanks for creating this thread. I haven't played enough of the game to contribute anything yet, but Shadow Era definitely deserves its own strategy thread.
Old 02-24-2011, 07:35 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Poole View Post
Good decks, look for the AI opponents to be using these soon
evil Kyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
but Shadow Era definitely deserves its own strategy thread.
and also many players!

anyone feel free to post your decks, i will link them in the first post!

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 07:52 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 07:57 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
Shadow Hero – Warrior
Ter Adun (4 - Destroy target item) and Logan Stonebreaker (4 - Destroy target damaged ally).
Ter Adun has superior ability just because it can deal with Wulven abilities and Poison and Fire from Mages. Why would Warrior deck like to play Logan – I don’t know. The only threats are probably Aeon and Raven – not much.
Are you sure about this? I think poison and fire are status effects that be cleaned with the werewolf heal (still too new to this to remember actual card names), but not items that can be destroyed with this ability. Against the AI he never destroys them (and btw it's probably the easiest hero to play against). Given that I think Logan Stormbreaker is better (though still not very good).

About your decks I find it interesting that you're going with a 45 card count. Usually in TCG you want the lowest number of cards possible in order to increase the chance of drawing the good cards and avoid diluting them. However since you have to sacrifice cards to get resources and you start taking damage after you run out, the smallest possible deck might not be optimal. This makes deck size a variable to be considered in deck building, which is normally not the case in other TCG. I like that.

How did you settle for 45 cards? Since I just started out I'm using a very slightly tweaked starting 30 card deck and have run out of cards already once (which cost me the game btw).
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Great thread, some helpful tips here! Hope it gets regularly updated by the community, this game is special.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
Good list for Eladwen Frostmire. 45 cards.

Midrange RG
1 Eladwen Frostmire
I'm using an Eladwen deck and the first card I bought was the guy that adds +1 to the attack of all your allies during your turn. It says unique so I ussume you can only have 1, but I think it's a must in this deck. Only 400G too.