Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Old 02-24-2011, 08:16 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygambit View Post
Are you sure about this?
touche. you are right, gonna change it, thanks!

Quote:
About your decks I find it interesting that you're going with a 45 card count. Usually in TCG you want the lowest number of cards possible in order to increase the chance of drawing the good cards and avoid diluting them. However since you have to sacrifice cards to get resources and you start taking damage after you run out, the smallest possible deck might not be optimal. This makes deck size a variable to be considered in deck building, which is normally not the case in other TCG. I like that.
yep, in mtg it's of course the point, but here with recource system is a bit different. i still tried to keep some cards as one or two in a deck. i also like this part of the game, u have to find the proper size of the deck in order to avoid damage when you run out and at the same time to keep as less filler cards as possible.

Quote:
How did you settle for 45 cards? Since I just started out I'm using a very slightly tweaked starting 30 card deck and have run out of cards already once (which cost me the game btw).
well, i played versus AI and have got 100 crystals and also 5 bucks iap. got 3 precons and sold all not needed cards, so it was enough to buy all expensive cards for both decks.

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 08:38 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 08:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
well, i played versus AI and have got 100 crystals and also 5 bucks iap. got 3 precons and sold all not needed cards, so it was enough to buy all expensive cards for both decks.
No, I meant how did you decide on the 45 card number? (why not 40 or 50?). I'm thinking optimal deck size might also be heavily dependant on the hero you're using.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:21 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
I'm using an Eladwen deck and the first card I bought was the guy that adds +1 to the attack of all your allies during your turn. It says unique so I ussume you can only have 1, but I think it's a must in this deck. Only 400G too.
yep, i just have not tested it yet. in warrior decks he should be very good.

Quote:
No, I meant how did you decide on the 45 card number? (why not 40 or 50?). I'm thinking optimal deck size might also be heavily dependant on the hero you're using.
well, constantly increased the size of a deck and with about 45 cards the milling seems to be no problem, so no sense to increase the number of cards now. but sure, with addition of new cards and change of matchups this can be changed.

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 08:27 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eev View Post
yep, i just have not tested it yet. in warrior decks he should be very good.
The ability also works on himself, so he's like a 3/4 beast for 3 mana and an extremely useful ability. It's a no brainer IMO.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:35 AM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
The ability also works on himself, so he's like a 3/4 beast for 3 mana and an extremely useful ability. It's a no brainer IMO.
yes, excellent 3cc creature. and those decks need some tweaking anyway so post your decks too.

Last edited by eev; 02-24-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Old 02-24-2011, 11:46 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Can anyone recommend a good elemental deck? I really want to use Zaladar because I think he is probably one of the best heroes in the game.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:20 PM
Banned

Can someone post definitions of the different types of decks people are talking about? For example, what is meant by an "agro deck" or a "burn deck"?
Old 02-24-2011, 12:31 PM
iPhone 5s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilStugots View Post
Can someone post definitions of the different types of decks people are talking about? For example, what is meant by an "agro deck" or a "burn deck"?
Agro deck - is a deck which relies on creatures as source of damage, so a deck which consist mostly of efficient low costing creature cards.

Burn deck - is a deck which relies almost only on low costing direct damage spells.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
iPhone 5s

For Zaladar deck i would say such build is ok to start with. 30 cards, because this deck does not need more.

RDW
--------------------
1 Zaladar
4 Brutalis
4 Fire Snake
4 Spark
4 Shard of Power
4 Bloodlust
4 Bad Santa
2 Extra Sharp
3 Keldor
--------------------
+ maybe some of those cards, but needs testing

2 Eternal Renewal
4 Here be monsters

so basically it's pure agro deck with burn support from Hero, looks very powerful.
Old 02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 5.x

Thanks eev, can you explain to me how you put logic into your decks?

I used to play Yugioh when I was younger and I remember I used to just throw in random creature cards into my deck and had no structure to my deck. But once I continued playing I understood how different cards could link into each other.

Its obvious that you know what your talking about with the cards and I am just interested how you come up with these decks so I can perhaps learn this knowledge?

Last edited by TotallyImba; 02-24-2011 at 01:26 PM..