★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Fabled Lands HD (2D RPG) price drop [$7.99 -> $6.99] before upcoming 1.3 update !

02-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Send a message via MSN to Ninievre
Fabled Lands HD (2D RPG) price drop [$7.99 -> $6.99] before upcoming 1.3 update !

Fabled Lands HD price drop [$7.99 -> $6.99] before upcoming 1.3 update and iPhone/iPod Touch version (out next week) !

SET OUT ON A JOURNEY OF FABULOUS ADVENTURE
- IN LANDS BEYOND THE LIMIT OF YOUR IMAGINATION

THE ULTIMATE MIX BETWEEN A GAMEBOOK AND A SANDBOX 2D RPG FOR YOUR iPAD !

Choose for yourself what role to play, where to go and what to do.

In THE WAR-TORN KINGDOM, revolution rages in Sokara.You can join forces with the king to restore his throne - or look for profit in the pay of the dictator, Grieve Marlock. Use fighting skills or sorcery, bribery or skulduggery to survive the assassins in the city backstreets.

Descend to the sewers of Yellowport to defeat the vile rat-king, Skabb. Retrieve the golden net of the gods from the Repulsive Ones deep beneath the sea - and use the rewards of your victories to travel beyond the boundaries of the known world.

Your journeys will bring you foes and friends, danger and triumph, fortune and fame - and more adventures than you have ever dreamed of. Role-playing as you've never known it before - in the perilous world of the FABLED LANDS.

Reviews :

*This looks a blast from the past!*
*The series is incredible, and probably will be the closest thing to a real pen and paper RPG experience that ever makes it to an iOS device*
*The app itself is brilliant. *Graphics are glorious, and the quality is top notch. Obviously, the writing is amazing, and is probably the best written game book available on iOS*.
*Greatest game book ever! This game is a must-have in my book. I played for about 3 hours straight, and I can't really put this game into solid words without giving things way, but let me put it this way... The game is open world. You can do whatever you want*.
*Trust me whole hardly when I say," If you like game books you HAVE to buy this game"*
*I really think this game does a great job of streamlining and redefining the whole gamebook genre. This game feels more immersive and fun than the others games in the genre*.
*The iPad version of Fabled Lands is giving it more the feel of a console or computer RPG than other gamebook adaptations. This might be the only app that appeals to WRPG, JRPG and Gamebook fans, as it has common ground with all three sub-genres. Basically, it looks like a JRPG, it plays like a WRPG and it reads like a gamebook*.
*You think it's a gamebook because you know there's a print version. With the other gamebook adaptions, that's very apparent, they don't even try to hide it or make life easier for you. The first few that I bought, I always thought it was cute because it reminded me of the paper gamebooks I own, but that eventually wore off and now I always only think "why couldn't they use the advantages of the platform better". This game is an example of how to do that. It doesn't give up too much of the gamebook feel to be something entirely different, but it doesn't let me do all the work either, keeps track of stuff for me, and so on.*
*Been playing Fabled Lands for about a couple of hours now and all I can say is I'm really loving it. Gamebooks really shine when used on the iPad. The artwork and style is quite riveting. Not to mention the experience in taking you further in the mind of Dave Morris's creation in another different or perhaps deeper perspective*.

More information, FAQ and... screenshots galore !! on the Fabled Lands apps community website and boards
http://megara-entertainment.com/

Mikael "Ninievre" LOUYS
CEO - Megara Entertainment
02-24-2011, 04:51 PM
I really think you betray the original purchasers of your game. When it was first introduced, some of us ploughed through a virtually unplayable mess. Update follow update, uncovering more and more glitches and bugs. Now you entice others to line your pockets, by buying a buggy, incomplete product, before yet another update, that may or may not fix current and ensuing problems. Perhaps you care to comment? As I have mentioned in a previous post, I certainly feel this game was unplayable upon release and not enough is being done to compensate players who purchased at the ground floor, became unpaid bug testers and tried to endure it. At least the second game pack should be gratis.......

02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Send a message via MSN to Ninievre
I will not care to answer your post in depth since what your said is only partially right (all the updates did fix the issues) and you are omitting everything that is working and omitting the thousand of hours the developers spent on that product to please the customer.
There's no way the sequel will be free since 30 people are working on it for one year for each expansion.
If you cannot understand how much it costs to a company, then I feel sorry for you, even though I thank you for having supported us first.
Now is there anything else we could do for you ?
Mikael
Megara
02-24-2011, 05:42 PM
Nowhere to go after trying to outrun a Sakoran warship? Not being able to sell fish? Methinks it is perhaps it is yourself not being fully truthful. Prospective buyers only need to read the full thread posted re this app in this forum, the bugs are apparent. The amount of man-hours of programming is not at issue, just the way you are asking people to buy an unfinished or ongoing bug fixing project. Until fully bug tested and working as I know it can and should, 'caveat emptor'.
02-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
I really think you betray the original purchasers of your game. When it was first introduced, some of us ploughed through a virtually unplayable mess. Update follow update, uncovering more and more glitches and bugs. Now you entice others to line your pockets, by buying a buggy, incomplete product, before yet another update, that may or may not fix current and ensuing problems. Perhaps you care to comment? As I have mentioned in a previous post, I certainly feel this game was unplayable upon release and not enough is being done to compensate players who purchased at the ground floor, became unpaid bug testers and tried to endure it. At least the second game pack should be gratis.......
While there have been a few bugs/problems, the developer has done nothing but work hard to fix these problems quickly. None of these bugs/problems made the game"virtually unplayable" and I have been playing since version 1.0. The developer has been very active here responding to questions and listening to feedback, so at least you know what's going on unlike lots of other game developers. While I'm not trying to say you aren't welcome to your own opinion, I simply think you're being a little over critical of the situation.

Last edited by ojtitus; 02-24-2011 at 05:53 PM.
02-24-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
While there have been a few bugs/problems, the developer has done nothing but work hard to fix these problems quickly. None of these bugs/problems made the game"virtually unplayable" and I have been playing since version 1.0. The developer has been very active here responding to questions and listening to feedback, so at least you know what's going on unlike lots of other game developers. While I'm not trying to say you aren't welcome to your own opinion, I simply think you're being a little over critical of the situation.
I am not questioning the dedication and certainly enthusiasm of probably their whole team. I just think is an unfair trading practice enticing people to buy something that is not bug free at present, simply by offering a price reduction. Furthermore, judging by the number of correctional updates, is 1.3 going to iron out issues no present and/or generate newer ones. I too have been playing since 1.0, where the black knight was undefeatable, crashes were frequent, the correct character could not be selected, resurrection scroll did not work.....I can go on, I did get to a point where I considered the game 'virtually unplayable' and with the bugs then and current do not have the want to play it.
02-24-2011, 06:39 PM
I'll agree that the first version did have some issues but since then, pretty much all the bugs have been squashed. If you buy the game now, you are getting a good looking very playable, fun Gamebook.
Yes at the moment there are a couple of issues like the selling fish bug, but I really don't think there's anything that's a game killer.
It's obvious to anyone that's been watching this game since it came out that Ninievre and his team are really invested in this game and are constantly working to improve it with every update. It's not often that you see a dev team pump out the updates so quickly and listen to player feedback as much as they do.
So, yes it does have a couple of issues currently, which will be gone next update, but this game is still very much worth the money as it stands now.
02-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bastband View Post
I am not questioning the dedication and certainly enthusiasm of probably their whole team. I just think is an unfair trading practice enticing people to buy something that is not bug free at present, simply by offering a price reduction. Furthermore, judging by the number of correctional updates, is 1.3 going to iron out issues no present and/or generate newer ones. I too have been playing since 1.0, where the black knight was undefeatable, crashes were frequent, the correct character could not be selected, resurrection scroll did not work.....I can go on, I did get to a point where I considered the game 'virtually unplayable' and with the bugs then and current do not have the want to play it.
I understand, it's just that you single out this developer with such harsh one-sided criticism that it's doesn't make sense if you have been playing games off itunes for any amount of time you should know these things happen. At least the developer is working hard to fix the "known problems" quickly. That's just my point of view and I know you have yours, Cheers.
02-24-2011, 09:05 PM
This will by my first forray into the idea of Game Books and I want to thank you for producing this. It is clear you are showing dedication to this product and that is always a nice thing to see. Really looking forward to trying this out!

[infiniDy] US Warfare is out! $0.99 Launch Sale - http://bit.ly/ezOgVe Enter the $100 contest on TA - http://bit.ly/gRoSle
100,000 Wallpapers is free now http://bit.ly/eomJq3 Enter $50-150 contest on TA - http://bit.ly/hMT7r4
02-24-2011, 09:43 PM
New update is out.

Update 1.3 - patch notes

-You can now sell fish from the fishing mini-game
-You can now zoom the game maps
-You can now confront provost Marloes Marlock in the rebel quest
-Fixed various crash issues, when failing an ability test
-Replaced the corrut healing potion in the Trading Post by another item.