Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-09-2011, 01:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Nothing ruins the icon more than the OF logo. Sometimes it's reduced in size or made faint, but huge logo like this covering large part of the icon artwork does look ugly. Fair enough that it's on iTunes icon, but springboard icon doesn't need it. There is very little value in having it on the idevice. Ultimately it doesn't affect the gameplay, but esthetically...
Old 07-09-2011, 02:45 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks to the devs for not giving up on this game, and thanks for the freebie!

I have to agree with the comments about the OF logo, plus another point: since the launch of Game Center the number of OF logos on icons has lowered dramatically, so now when I see one it makes the game appear somewhat old and out of date. It reminds me of when I got my iPod Touch 2nd gen back in 2009 and people were complaining about seeing the OF logo everywhere... which seems like centries ago by now
Old 07-09-2011, 03:04 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Well, from our point of view, the Open Feint guys are amazing to work with. Their tech is super easy to implement, it gives you an amazing amount of statistics that we can use to make our games better and they have one of the best "free game of the day" networks. And feature-wise, the Open Feint network offers a lot more than Game Centre. So I'm actually proud to have the Open Feint logo.

And from your (the gamer) point of view, it should be regarded in the same way. Open Feint means a lot to independent developers. And being an ex-games journalist myself, I can only say that the gaming world is a better place with lots making shackle-free games.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm in two minds about it. Anything that helps developers out by offering services is a great idea, but as a gamer... I can't stand the UI. It's always been slow, ugly and fiddly for me, and that "X" button to close the app is ridiculously tiny compared to the huge advertisement it's positioned suspiciously close to. It forces you through about 3 seperate screens just to enable it on every single game that includes it and the achievement popups were intrusive, sometimes even to the point I'd fail the game I'm playing. So even before GC was launched I'd started hitting "No thanks" the moment it appeared.

It doesn't bother me that developers still use it, but I've stopped.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 PM
iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy_BE View Post
And from your (the gamer) point of view, it should be regarded in the same way.
Should it?

I hate seeing advertising on my phone, period, but even if I didn't, I couldn't agree with your logic. Icons exist to let a user easily identify a program or app, about pages exist for a developer to credit the frameworks they used.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:29 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Well, as the small guys we need every little weapon to keep the gamelofts and EA's from taking over the charts with games that are built to be commercial success. The strenght of the iOS market is that we can make weird games, or just try new stuff, and still be economically viable.
Now, on the other hand, I totally get you. If possible in any way, we should not force advertisement on you. Believe me, we weigh the pros and cons on anything we do.
Thanks for being vocal by the way. As this info shapes the way we make our next game.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:41 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm in two minds about it. Anything that helps developers out by offering services is a great idea, but as a gamer... I can't stand the UI. It's always been slow, ugly and fiddly for me, and that "X" button to close the app is ridiculously tiny compared to the huge advertisement it's positioned suspiciously close to. It forces you through about 3 seperate screens just to enable it on every single game that includes it and the achievement popups were intrusive, sometimes even to the point I'd fail the game I'm playing. So even before GC was launched I'd started hitting "No thanks" the moment it appeared.

It doesn't bother me that developers still use it, but I've stopped.
Do you use other kinds of networks, like Christal? Or is all that stuff just not important? And are achievements important?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Front page write up. Great review and I agree with all of it. Great game.

I am actually looking forward to the continuation of the story.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:03 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Front page write up. Great review and I agree with all of it. Great game.

I am actually looking forward to the continuation of the story.
If you like the story, be sure to keep an eye out for our second game, called The Adventures of Retrobot". it has has a comedy story poking fun at tons of classic videogames, and we're gonna assemble groups of gamers to Help refine the jokes. The way to earn a place on one of those teams (and in the credits of the game), will be revealed along with the game (wich is VERY soon)
Old 07-26-2011, 09:45 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

6th Planet was awesome but it could use achievements and universal support. Doesnt look that good on an iPad now. I did like the game very much though. It gave me a really cool vibe

Looking forward to Retrobot! Jago looks sweet too. Any news on that one?