★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Starfront Collision HD......where are you?

02-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Starfront Collision HD......where are you?

Does anyone have any idea when gameloft is going to release this? RTS on ipad seems like a no brainer to me. I'm just looking for some info. I really want this on my ipad.......today lol
02-24-2011, 11:25 AM
Two thoughts came to mind.

Gameloft are evil

They're just waiting til they've strained every last penny from iPhone gamers and possibly some iPad gamers who just couldn't wait

Gameloft aren't evil, they are smart

Perhaps they are holding off to see what this new iPad brings next week? If it has some slick new feature that Gameloft could quickly implement and then ride the wave of sales when the new iPad comes out, because it benefits from said, feature. It would also mean it isn't just an upscaled port, further enticing iPhone users with iPads to repurchase.

02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
Two thoughts came to mind.

Gameloft are evil

They're just waiting til they've strained every last penny from iPhone gamers and possibly some iPad gamers who just couldn't wait

Gameloft aren't evil, they are smart

Perhaps they are holding off to see what this new iPad brings next week? If it has some slick new feature that Gameloft could quickly implement and then ride the wave of sales when the new iPad comes out, because it benefits from said, feature. It would also mean it isn't just an upscaled port, further enticing iPhone users with iPads to repurchase.

Or, they just haven't finished making it yet

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
02-24-2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleLimey View Post
Or, they just haven't finished making it yet

Or that indeed.
02-24-2011, 05:33 PM
Well doesn't gameloft normally release the HD version a few weeks after the ipod touch release anyway? I think in part to cash in on the double dippers that buy both versions. I do find it ironic however because if I'm not mistaken this game was originally announced as an ipad game.
02-26-2011, 11:48 AM
Also want!!
02-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Me too! Me too!

I also played this on the itouch and I want more. I am not going to buy it twice just to get the same gameplay with better grafix on the iPad. So I am waiting for the HD release as well.

"e" TENNIS ---play this and you owe me $1
Look Right............................................. ........................Look Left
02-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Apple's Event

I think they're holding onto it until Apple's iPad 2 announcement. Maybe they'll be part of the presentation. My guess is that it will be available in the store on that day.
03-01-2011, 06:04 AM
It damn better get out soon. Stopid gameloft.
Announcing as a ipad game then release on iphones.
03-02-2011, 08:21 AM
well they released another version for the Itouch WITHOUT the IAP.
and yes.... thought it was going to be Ipad only in the beginning..