★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: My ZOMBIE Date! -- Hip zombie action --

02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
My ZOMBIE Date! -- Hip zombie action --

Hello everybody, i'm here submitting my game to the world

AppStore name: My ZOMBIE Date!

here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pai4BcCy03U

here's the site with photos and info: www.3xl-ent.tk

some feed back would nice, thanks guys!
02-24-2011, 06:06 PM

Embedded video...

Youtube link | Pop Up

02-24-2011, 06:07 PM
oh wow thanks, sorry i didn't know how to that here lol
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Despite my love of zombies and overhead shooters I remain unconvinced and remain curious to hear any impressions or reviews.
02-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Despite my love of zombies and overhead shooters I remain unconvinced and remain curious to hear any impressions or reviews.
i can send u a promo code if you want
02-24-2011, 06:31 PM
Could you send me a promo code? I would love to try this game and ill be sure to review it.
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xL-Ent View Post
i can send u a promo code if you want
I'd love one, I'll post impressions in the thread. Thank you.
02-24-2011, 07:01 PM
Played your game!

Interesting game... I purchased it because I believe in supporting the little guy... and I also want to give some feedback to you.

1. Played it on my 3G iPhone, in spite of the warning on your app page for only iPhone 4, no apparent glitches or issues there.

2. The art is crude... which is actually a point on your feature list! lol, I'd never would have had the cajones to list them as 'natural, hand drawn visuals'! However, they really don't matter if the game is fun...

3. The controls seem a bit wonky sometimes... prolly want to tighten them up a bit.

4. Really don't like the shotgun... felt very unintuitive.

5. Don't like the fact that zombies are spawning right on top of me when I'm up against the screen edge...

6. Don't like the fact that my character gets lost behind the big, ugly, non-alpha's buttons at the bottom!

7. Played a few levels and still haven't progressed off the first background... and there is nothing telling me when I will (no stage or level progression map)

8. Wasn't a big fan of the profanities... be more creative!

I'll play it some more, and watch for updates...

Cheers
02-24-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottandelli View Post
Interesting game... I purchased it because I believe in supporting the little guy... and I also want to give some feedback to you.

1. Played it on my 3G iPhone, in spite of the warning on your app page for only iPhone 4, no apparent glitches or issues there.

2. The art is crude... which is actually a point on your feature list! lol, I'd never would have had the cajones to list them as 'natural, hand drawn visuals'! However, they really don't matter if the game is fun...

3. The controls seem a bit wonky sometimes... prolly want to tighten them up a bit.

4. Really don't like the shotgun... felt very unintuitive.

5. Don't like the fact that zombies are spawning right on top of me when I'm up against the screen edge...

6. Don't like the fact that my character gets lost behind the big, ugly, non-alpha's buttons at the bottom!

7. Played a few levels and still haven't progressed off the first background... and there is nothing telling me when I will (no stage or level progression map)

8. Wasn't a big fan of the profanities... be more creative!

I'll play it some more, and watch for updates...

Cheers

don't see what profanities have ANYTHING to do with being creative. its not a game for kids
and its inspired by duke nukem and the like

the controls seems to be fine on my iphone 4

get past the first 3 levels to change the background. each level has 3 waves. i suggest you play the entire game before critique

yes the art is simplistic but it IS handrawn, so yea. and its spelled "COJONES" lol

thanks for the critique tho will definetly work on these! also play the full game, theres more than just the parking lot
02-24-2011, 08:01 PM
I will... I find that those first impression are always a great help when getting feedback... I will play through the game, tho

and Duke always (in my memory, since I haven't played in years) had funny things to say, rather than just cursing... 'Suck it down!'... that was my meaning

More power to ya, bro!

Oh, and u can check out my new app...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-alley/id416808619?mt=8