★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deleting Paid Apps

02-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Deleting Paid Apps

It's been a long time since I started a thread here on TA haha..

Well, anyways, I don't want to appear to be spamming the the forum in any way, but I was just wondering what are you guy's takes on deleting paid apps off of your iTunes library?

I delete crappy free games the instant I see that they're bad, but I have never deleted a paid app from my library since I started buying them in January 2009. Now that my collection of just paid apps is nearing 600 after all these months/years, and I really feel like I should delete the obsolete games that either suck terribly or haven't been update in over a year.

How do you guys feel on the topic? I think I'd be able to cut my library by a few hundred apps if I only left the games I would have still bought after I knew how they played.

Thanks!

Twitter: @back2this
02-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
I personally wouldn't delete my paid apps in case I ever feel like going back to play it. Perfect example would be Reckless Racing. Every once in a while I sync it back up.

02-25-2011, 01:44 AM
Well, as long as they are on my AppShopper lost, I don't mind deleting them. Of course it's just apps that I don't plan on playing.
02-25-2011, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisL View Post
Well, as long as they are on my AppShopper lost, I don't mind deleting them. Of course it's just apps that I don't plan on playing.
Do you have to add those manually, or is there some magical voodoo that syncs your iTunes library automatically?

02-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Do you have to add those manually, or is there some magical voodoo that syncs your iTunes library automatically?
Well, I don't know about Windows, but on Mac, there is an app to automatically detect the IPA's on your computer and add them to your list. Though I do add them manually if I have the page opened.
02-25-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Well, I don't know about Windows, but on Mac, there is an app to automatically detect the IPA's on your computer and add them to your list.
I'm on the latest MacBook Pro. Link me!

02-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Quote:
I'm on the latest MacBook Pro. Link me!
Here you go! http://appshopper.com/blog/2010/09/0...mac-available/

Though, like I said, it'll only detect/add apps on your computer. So if you've already deleted them, then they won't be added to your list.
02-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Here you go! http://appshopper.com/blog/2010/09/0...mac-available/

Though, like I said, it'll only detect/add apps on your computer. So if you've already deleted them, then they won't be added to your list.
Well, of course haha. I haven't deleted anything yet; therefore, this thread exists.

Thanks for the link man.

02-25-2011, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Well, of course haha. I haven't deleted anything yet; therefore, this thread exists.

Thanks for the link man. So I just make an account there and go?
Yep, just make an account on AppShopper, then log into the account in the app and it'll search for your apps.
02-25-2011, 02:07 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Wish there was a pc version.