★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NEVONIX
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 27.7 MB
  • Version: 1.00
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Experience the thrill and challenge of olympic style archery in a dynamic mobile experience!

- Refreshing 3D graphics
- Accelerometer driven controls
- Challenging gameplay with dynamic wind
- High Score save feature

- steer the Arrow in realtime by tilting the accelerometer!
- accurate, fun yet still very challenging
- 70m and 90m modes available

Olympus Archery is a Universal App and is compatible with:
- iPhone and iPod Touch, minimum iOS 3.1
- iPad, minimum iOS 3.2

Game Center connectivity allows High Scores to be uploaded to a global Leaderboard, and numerous Achievements to be earned.

nvx's comments:
GC enabled, Universal app compatible with iPhone, iPod-Touch and iPad (iOS 3.2+).

No silly ads! All our games are Ad-Free!

02-25-2011, 08:30 AM
The full app is a great game to play. I'm sure the lite version will bring new players interested in a good "time-waster" for that open moment or two throughout the day.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
02-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Got a great review for the game already, worthy of posting here and sharing with the world:
Worst iDevice game ever created?
by Grist
Yes, this is the worst.
Its unfortunate people dont realize the worth of a Free game
But it doesn't bother us in the slightest

Our reaction?
02-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Probably tied for the worst game award

On second thought, I have played a few other games that are just as bad as this one. My major gripe is that the previous version of this game was a lot of fun. For reasons unknown, the developer pulled that version from iTunes and replaced it with this accelerometer fiasco.
02-25-2011, 02:57 PM
Thanks for posting here to clarify yourself

This is NOT a replacement for the original 3D OLYMPUS ARCHERY but a free spinoff, notice the keyword "Lite" in the games title.

The reason the other version was pulled was because of a very serious bug that was present in the 1.30 Update.
This has already been corrected and is waiting for Apple's approval before it goes live again (1.31), and should be available sometime during the weekend without having to repurchase.

But like I said in the previous post, you are free to react and say what you want about the game:
the more you tell us the better the job we can do next time
02-25-2011, 04:23 PM
To the developer: Thanks

I appreciate the information you've just provided. When your next release for the "non-Lite" game version is posted on iTunes I will revise my recent post for that game which, as I mentioned, I enjoyed a great deal until the current bug was introduced. The accelerometer-controlled arrow mode that you've just introduced in both the free and fee versions of your game is, in my view, a very bad design decision. Before you introduced this new control mode you had a successful control dynamic that came remarkably close to simulating the actual experience of shooting an arrow.