★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Re-live the 1970's with the L3D 3-in-1 LED game

The original Handheld experience in your 21st century hands!

3 Action packed games inspired by the first handheld games from the 1970's and 1980's.

Game 1 - Shooter
Game 2 - Racer
Game 3 - Breakthru

Featuring an authentic looking LED display, and all the retro sonic goodness your ears can handle.

Flaming Mitten take you back.....way back....

Who needs
-Flashy Graphics-
-Complex Controls-
-HiFidelity Sound-
-Pointless Multiplayer-

All you really need are 168 LED Bulbs

flaming-mitten's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

A little bit of silliness for the Appstore. Cheesy 1970's LED style game, with uber lo-fi sound.

3 games in 1

Bulbtastic!
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Isn't it funny how back then you would play a game that [nowadays looks like crap] but was actually fun? Most all of those games then had what we all crave now-that 'one more time' addictive aspect! Interesting how some things changed so much over time but other things didn't change at all!
02-25-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Isn't it funny how back then you would play a game that [nowadays looks like crap] but was actually fun? Most all of those games then had what we all crave now-that 'one more time' addictive aspect! Interesting how some things changed so much over time but other things didn't change at all!
Yeah...
The other day I was thinking about 2 LCD games I had as a kid

One was the Popeye TableTop
The other was a small handheld "Terrahawks" game.

By today's standards, they are very limited in terms of gameplay and whatnot, but I think I probably played them more than I have ever played any modern game.

I must have driven my parents bonkers with the incessant bleeping and booping.

seriously though....Popeye table top was the best thing evaaaar!