App description: Over 16 million players have experienced the thrill of Lane Splitter!

"The graphics are bright and appealing, the controls are dead-on...Most importantly, once you start playing, its hard to stop." - slidetoplay.com

Ride your motorcycle at insane speeds through ever changing traffic. Your reflexes will mean the difference between surviving or crashing in spectacular fashion. Do you have what it takes to reach TOP SPEED?

HOW TO PLAY

Tilt your phone/tablet to steer left and right
Stay away from cars, walls, and cops
Touch the screen to wheelie and perform other special abilities
Pick up coins to earn money for awesome items
Hang on for dear life!

FEATURES

* Crazy addictive gameplay with ultra smooth tilt controls
* 10 different characters to play, each with their own unique abilities and gameplay
* Fun upgrades and items to earn
* Eye popping high definition 3D graphics
* Environments that change every day you play
* Lifelike character animations and physics
* Global leaderboards
* Facebook integration: compete with your friends for top score and post brags to your wall
* Awesome realistic sound effects recorded from real motorcycles, including a sport bike, chopper, dirt bike, and a cafe racer!

BONUS TIPS

- Pick up "Lane Splitter" bonuses by navigating your way in between cars during heavy traffic areas
- Compete for best wheelie score by holding the screen to wheelie while playing as Jake, Jonny, or Scary Harry
- If a cop is on your tail, get 500ft away to evade him, or buy some donuts to bribe him
- Buy a helmet to protect yourself from one crash

ChrisL's comments:
I'm not sure why there isn't a thread for this game, but I heard about this game from LBG and I find it awesome! If there actually is a thread for this game, but somehow missed it, you can go ahead and close it :P

02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I like the look of this downloading now thanks for bringing it to my attention

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!

02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
i may have to pick this up, seeing as how it's a simulation of my morning commute (minus the palm trees).

thanks for the recommendation.
02-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Game Impressions

Ok picked this up and even after a few minutes I can see I'm gonna love this . It's basically an avoid the traffic game but the differences here from other games of this type are one your on a bike and two the traffic actually indicates and changes lane.
Graphics and sound are very well done as are the controls which are tilt to steer from lane to lane and touch to speed up which also sees you pulling off a wheelie.
Only thing I would like too see is OF or Gamecenter added as at the minute online highscores are handled by there own servers .
But overall for a buck I highly recommend this game especially as its universal too

Gamecentre- howlingwolf70, Open Feint -howlingwolfuk
Plus+ - howlingwolf. Crystal - syclone

Currently playing - Bumpy Road,Dofus Battles,Zenonia 3,Paladog,Nuts!
02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
I bought this a while back and it is a really good game.
02-25-2011, 12:38 PM
Huh, new to me. Does the blurb in the description mean that you get "close call" points for near misses, like Crazy Taxi, and do they combo? If the answer is yes, you had me at hello.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
02-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Yeah it's a great game. Feels really polished with good graphics, controls, sound etc.
It's easy to recommend to anyone (especially fellow motorcyclists ).

Hakuna Matata
02-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Huh, new to me. Does the blurb in the description mean that you get "close call" points for near misses, like Crazy Taxi, and do they combo? If the answer is yes, you had me at hello.
Yes you get extra points for near misses. And a extra points when wheelieing. The points build up the longer you wheelie, for example you start off getting an additional 5 points every second and that increases to 10, 15, 20 etc the longer you hold the wheelie. But it's harder to control when wheelieing which makes it more challenging.

Hakuna Matata
02-25-2011, 02:50 PM
I did the real thing for a few years in college (SF Bay Area, where lane splitters are just part of traffic). I don't know if that makes this more or less interesting.
02-25-2011, 03:00 PM
How does this compare to Hit n' Run, Trucker's Delight, or Racer?

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero