★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fortis for iPhone/iPodTouch on sale 50% off!

02-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to MDW
Fortis for iPhone/iPodTouch on sale 50% off!

Hello!

I represent Encore Games. We are studio which creates games for various platforms (especially for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad).

Our shooter called Fortis won MorphOS category on Amiga Games Award 2010! We would like to thank all voters and we have started limited occasional 50% sale of Fortis for iOS and MacOSX. We have decreased (50%) prices for limited time.

Fortis for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad (universal application)
http://www.encore-games.com/fortis_iphone_ipod
$1.99 -> $0.99

Fortis for MacOSX
http://www.encore-games.com/fortis_macosx
$3.99 -> $1.99

The games are available on:

- App Store (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad):
http://itunes.apple.com/app/fortis/id373158239?mt=8

- Mac App Store (MacOSX):
http://itunes.apple.com/app/fortis/id412577105?mt=12

Mariusz Wlodarczyk
Encore Games
web: www.encore-games.com
twitter: @encoregames

FORTIS shooter for iOS and MacOSX available on the AppStore and MacAppStore!

Last edited by MDW; 02-25-2011 at 04:54 PM.
02-25-2011, 04:22 PM
Here ya' go

Looks kewl

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

02-25-2011, 04:46 PM
I tried the lite of this a while back. It's not actually a shmup. It's a dual-stick shooter.
The backgrounds or more or less static (they don't pan), but the perspective does tilt very slightly for an interesting 3D effect.

Overall, I just wasn't really impressed. There are far better games in this genre available.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-25-2011, 04:55 PM
I actually liked the game. The area of movement was limited but you had a good selection of enemies and weapons. I hope they come out with a retina update. Game would look awesome then.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
We are thinking about creating new shooter for iOS/MacOS. We would like to know what features we should copy from the Fortis game. Which features of the Fortis do you like? Could someone answer to the question? Each answer is important for us and helps design better game.

02-26-2011, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDW View Post
We are thinking about creating new shooter for iOS/MacOS. We would like to know what features we should copy from the Fortis game. Which features of the Fortis do you like? Could someone answer to the question? Each answer is important for us and helps design better game.
It's been a while since I've played this, but basically everything about it was pretty good -- except for the limited gameplay area.
02-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
I tried the lite of this a while back. It's not actually a shmup. It's a dual-stick shooter.
The backgrounds or more or less static (they don't pan), but the perspective does tilt very slightly for an interesting 3D effect.

Overall, I just wasn't really impressed. There are far better games in this genre available.
I think this is based off of "Asteroid".

It's also why it says,
"Classical shooter in new 3D arrangement" and
"2 THUMB-STICKS to control the ship".

Anyway, I'm going to use what's left of my iTunes credit to get this. Looks like a fun game.

GC:SunScape | Plus+:MysticSun | Other:MystikSun
Youtube: SunScapeUPSB | PSN: mudkiprulz|

Last edited by MystikSun; 02-26-2011 at 08:33 PM.
03-04-2011, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystikSun View Post
Anyway, I'm going to use what's left of my iTunes credit to get this. Looks like a fun game.
I'm interested in your opinion about this game.

If anyone has played in Fortis I will be happy to read opinion (on AppStore/MacAppStore too).