★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SMERC
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 67.4 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: A truly epic mobile odyssey! Play as Hercules and take revenge on the Gods fight your way across ancient settings, battle mythical monsters, and unlock special rewards and powers. The myth and might of the gods arrives this new year to your iPhone!

The Goddess Hera has doomed the citizens of Greece by seeking revenge on Hercules, son of Zeus. Enter a mythical epic 3-D adventure as you command Hercules and fight to stop Heras vengeful plan! Fight your way through hours of challenging and gameplay take the reigns of the Pegasus, upgrade your character, earn special rewards from the gods and more!

Features:
- Unique controls: use the touch-screen to control your hero and perform god-like attacks
- Battle your way through 16 levels that take you from the streets of Athens, through deadly deserts, the underworld and more.
- Unlock new weapons and strength the more you play or purchase the Weapons pack and wreak misery on your foes.

- Battle classic mythological beasts and monsters, each with their own strengths and weaknesses
- Fight, climb, and fly the Pegasus to victory

goiMot's comments:

02-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Better than I expected. Yeah, the graphics are not much to look at (the faces of the gods in the 3D models are pretty terrible, though the dialog portraits are not bad) and the environments are bland, but the framerate is consistently good (much better than what you see on the video), the character animation isn't bad, and the controls are more than decent -- though I wish you had a direct-swipe camera. There's actually a fair amount of real platforming (as in, you can actually fall), and it's really pretty good. The story seems well written with cut-scenes peppered through out. The first level is long with a decent variety of monsters; you get a bow early on, which helps to add variety to the combat. It's all pretty linear, though, with a subtle variation of the standard Gameloft arrow to lead the way.

Visually, Hercules is a nice reminder of how big of an accomplishment Aralon truly is. But as an action/platfomer it is actually not bad at all. If folks can put up with the PSOne level graphics, there's more than enough content and variety to recommend the game.
02-26-2011, 12:28 AM
I agree with most of what SZ said above, although I would say that the camera can be pretty wonky. I would also much rather have swipe for camera rather than the buttons. I imagine that the buttons were a factor of having swipe to attack controls, but the buttons aren't really as intuitive. All in all though, I don't regret the purchase, and look forward to how the story will play out.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
02-26-2011, 12:56 AM
Since there is some similarities between this game and Hero of Sparta, how does the two compare to each other?
02-26-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I agree with most of what SZ said above, although I would say that the camera can be pretty wonky. I would also much rather have swipe for camera rather than the buttons. I imagine that the buttons were a factor of having swipe to attack controls, but the buttons aren't really as intuitive. All in all though, I don't regret the purchase, and look forward to how the story will play out.
Yeah, the camera is definitely wonky. I should also note that I've run into a few bugs, including a crashing bug when you first climb up a wall of vines and a really nasty one where I died but remained a ghost with limited control of my character -- which forced me to start the level all the way from the beginning (lost about 20-30 minutes of progress).

Buyer beware till we hear more from the dev.

@yongkykun: Hero of Sparta (both I and II) has more detailed graphics, but I like the action better in Hercules, particularly the real platforming.

Last edited by squarezero; 02-26-2011 at 01:08 AM.
02-26-2011, 10:08 AM
this game is totally s*it,graphic and controls is very bad,i want my money back