Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-26-2011, 08:57 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Hi all,

Glad you're enjoying out game, and even more, the way we're using IAP. Our hope was to let people try the game before they committed to spending any money.

@LordGek All players everywhere get the same missions every day. When we were developing Hunters, we'd come into the office and someone would say "Man, did you play that Assassination mission yesterday? Brutal!". We wanted everyone else to experience and share this kind of "water cooler" talk. We also have future plans on how players can compare how they perform contracts, but more on that later.

@Pitta we've thought about all your suggestions. However, we are only a 4 man team, so didn't have time to explore everything we wanted to create. Hopefully the game will be a success so we can continue to upgrade it and include all your feedback and suggestions.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:08 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Hannum View Post
Downloading now. Was completely and utterly addicted to JA2 back in the day so if this is anywhere close to that, you'll have my $5 before the end of the day
+1 on Jagged Alliance 2 and also the original Fallout. This one is going to be really popular with the TBS crowd.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:11 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Great game so far. 7.99 will seem steep to a lot of people, but for all the content you get for that, it's worth it.

Graphics are sharp and set the tone well, and sound effects are good too, but even a quiet bg music would've been nice.

The controls are spot on, I really like the camera. Hopefully you add the ability to center it again, with a two finger double tap maybe. The clean interface is cool too, everything is layed out nice.

I feel like the tutorial actually prepared me for what the game is like, instead of just showing me the controls. I haven't checked but I'm assuming there's no way to bring back the menu tutorials once you've seen them? Not a big deal but some people might click through it on accident.

The freemium aspect is similar to what GL does now, with an IAP unlock. I'm totally fine with that. I'm not crazy about being able to buy credits with real money, but I guess it doesn't throw the balance too much, since you need to be a certain level to equip things anyways.

Overall, don't hesitate to download it since its free, but it's worth the asking price, even if it's only to tide you over until FF Tactics.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:35 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradiso View Post
I haven't checked but I'm assuming there's no way to bring back the menu tutorials once you've seen them? Not a big deal but some people might click through it on accident.
Two finger swipe UP on any screen re-shows the tutorial message on that screen.
Old 02-26-2011, 11:01 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Downloading now, I'll post impressions later.

But first, like LordGek's thoughts, I want to commend you on the Gameloft-style IAP to unlock the game, as opposed to the Glu-style limited gameplay with ridiculous amounts of IAP needed to actually enjoy.

And second, which I'm surprised nobody has asked yet... "Episode One"? I'm curious about your plans for the series.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 PM

What a polished product. I love TBSs but I'm not very good at them so I'm finding it quite hard. I like the way you keep your loot even if you fail the mission.

Not sure if this has been stated yet but how many maps are there? I see 3 in the contract list at the moment.

Edit: silly me, 3 environment types with different maps. Got it.

Last edited by MetaGonzo; 02-26-2011 at 12:35 PM..
Old 02-26-2011, 12:34 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x

Thanks Strivemind, like I say, we wanted people to try it before they buy it.

As for "Episode One", we'll be supporting this one for the foreseeable future, with patches, dlc, etc.

Episode Two, will be a sequel, but we won't start working on that for a while.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I played for about 40 mins so far and it seems GREAT! I've loved xcom and jagged alliance and I've been waiting for a solid game like those to finally make it to the iPad and I'm hoping this is it, however, I just can't continue playing due to a bug. I was clicking one of the ad's in order to get a free gift. After I got sent to the ad, I went to multitask back to the game and then I got a black screen. Whenever I try to load the game it goes to the black screen and the only thing I can do is start a new game. I've tried to close and reopen the program and I also reset my ipad.

Also, I don't hear any sound at all. No music, no sfx. I tried to raise all the audio levels but nothing works. I'd like to hear the sound!

Suggestions:
-when your units see an enemy unit, can your unit stop moving (even if queued up for a further destination) and can the camera auto lock onto the enemy so you see where it is and are aware of it. A few times I'd walk into a room and not notice that my unit saw an enemy.
-can you eventually add an option to make it so the units can kneel down so others behind them can shoot? (may have to adjust the action point system a bit for that, for ex: walking is 2 pts, ducking is 1)
-can you add an option for your units to have some sort of "aimed" shot which cost more AP but has a much higher chance to hit? (may also have to adjust AP system) but this would allow for your guys to snipe from a distance or if you creep up near someone, just unload.

Please fix the bug but aside from that - so far it is a really awesome game!
Old 02-26-2011, 01:30 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodeoBenjamin View Post
Hi all,

Glad you're enjoying out game, and even more, the way we're using IAP. Our hope was to let people try the game before they committed to spending any money.

@LordGek All players everywhere get the same missions every day. When we were developing Hunters, we'd come into the office and someone would say "Man, did you play that Assassination mission yesterday? Brutal!". We wanted everyone else to experience and share this kind of "water cooler" talk. We also have future plans on how players can compare how they perform contracts, but more on that later.

@Pitta we've thought about all your suggestions. However, we are only a 4 man team, so didn't have time to explore everything we wanted to create. Hopefully the game will be a success so we can continue to upgrade it and include all your feedback and suggestions.
You are a 4 man team only?
WOW, I'm genuinely impressed.
The game is super polished, slick and complete, much more than many big publishers ones.
Congratulations.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:40 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

@RodeoBenjamin

Too bad you don't have a paid version of your app on the app store. Not everyone with an ipod touch has a wi-fi connection, thus those people could never purchase your app. So you could be losing potential sales, if you only had this free-IAP app available.

Last edited by Marcus70; 02-26-2011 at 01:46 PM..