Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #441  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
firestorm firestorm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default Aaargh!

Can't believe it's on sale! Spent 5 on this about a week ago and now it's like 60p! Field medic glitch fixed now, which is great!
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 08-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Stealthy Monk Stealthy Monk is offline
Member
iPad, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 69
Default

I can't stop playing this game! From top to bottom/start to finish I love this game. The polish and presentation is solid and puts many bigger developers to shame. I love the progress of my team: focusing specific members as the 'point' if they are close to leveling up; making the decision of who will be my medic/leader/sniper etc; even squad name and color-this is MY team.

If I could give feedback: First and foremost you have episode one in the title. For the sequel I think you need to build off of this. There is a pretty common thread amongst the feedback and that's a cohesive campaign/storyline. For me, I think you could tie this to your daily mission releases. Instead of 5 new random missions, focus on 'chapters'. Ie. Episode 1, chapter 1-hunters are sent in to secure a derelict spaceship, maybe give the usual 'lost contact' back story. It's still going to use the same gameplay/mission structure but I feel like I'm living a chapter in a story about these hunters. Episode 2, chapter 2: after securing the spacecraft, data was recovered showing the last planet that was visited was planet 'x'. The hunters must search the planet for survivors. Anyway, I think you get the idea-same mission structures but with a hint of a storyline besides the same three 'scenarios in a can' we get now.

Also, I'd like death to be a true consequence in the game. I become attached to my Hunters and the fear of losing one would up the tension in the game/force me to be a bit more tactical-as it stands I can kamikaze a bit knowing they will be revived next mission. Obviously this would require a pool of replacements to be available but would again, up the 'story/cohesiveness by causing me to deal with 'the rookie' next mission.

Finally, I think you can really up the variety by simply adding alien types as enemies-again, same mechanics but different faces to shoot at. Ditto with more organic map types.

Anyway, that was more than two cents worth but I'd say this is one of my favorite games across any platform and am excited to see where it goes. After what they did to the XCom series THIS is the spiritual successor with a huge twist of Space Hulk-perfect!
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 08-09-2011, 09:34 AM
firestorm firestorm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthy Monk View Post
I can't stop playing this game! From top to bottom/start to finish I love this game. The polish and presentation is solid and puts many bigger developers to shame. I love the progress of my team: focusing specific members as the 'point' if they are close to leveling up; making the decision of who will be my medic/leader/sniper etc; even squad name and color-this is MY team.

If I could give feedback: First and foremost you have episode one in the title. For the sequel I think you need to build off of this. There is a pretty common thread amongst the feedback and that's a cohesive campaign/storyline. For me, I think you could tie this to your daily mission releases. Instead of 5 new random missions, focus on 'chapters'. Ie. Episode 1, chapter 1-hunters are sent in to secure a derelict spaceship, maybe give the usual 'lost contact' back story. It's still going to use the same gameplay/mission structure but I feel like I'm living a chapter in a story about these hunters. Episode 2, chapter 2: after securing the spacecraft, data was recovered showing the last planet that was visited was planet 'x'. The hunters must search the planet for survivors. Anyway, I think you get the idea-same mission structures but with a hint of a storyline besides the same three 'scenarios in a can' we get now.

Also, I'd like death to be a true consequence in the game. I become attached to my Hunters and the fear of losing one would up the tension in the game/force me to be a bit more tactical-as it stands I can kamikaze a bit knowing they will be revived next mission. Obviously this would require a pool of replacements to be available but would again, up the 'story/cohesiveness by causing me to deal with 'the rookie' next mission.

Finally, I think you can really up the variety by simply adding alien types as enemies-again, same mechanics but different faces to shoot at. Ditto with more organic map types.

Anyway, that was more than two cents worth but I'd say this is one of my favorite games across any platform and am excited to see where it goes. After what they did to the XCom series THIS is the spiritual successor with a huge twist of Space Hulk-perfect!
I agree. They should make a full fledgeed version with more depth, features and content for a games consoles
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 08-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Artfoundry Artfoundry is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,332
Default

Uh, so I just started a "Defend the Reactors" mission (with lose no health submission), but the objectives state that I'm supposed to destroy the reactors. I know it's a defend mission because it placed my units right next to the reactors. So.. that would be a bug...

[Update] So yeah, that was ridiculous - I had to destroy the reactors to win. Of course, I took out all the enemies first just in case (and unfortunately lost the secondary mission in the process). I could have probably won the mission in like 2-3 turns had I done it the way it wanted.

Last edited by Artfoundry; 08-11-2011 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 08-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Artfoundry Artfoundry is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,332
Default

Got a question about XP - how is that determined? My guys with assault rifle and SMG seem to get XP at a significantly slower rate than the rest of my guys (sledgehammer, flamer, sniper, and missile). One of them is almost half a level behind now.
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 08-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Alcadeias Alcadeias is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Uh, so I just started a "Defend the Reactors" mission (with lose no health submission), but the objectives state that I'm supposed to destroy the reactors. I know it's a defend mission because it placed my units right next to the reactors. So.. that would be a bug...

[Update] So yeah, that was ridiculous - I had to destroy the reactors to win. Of course, I took out all the enemies first just in case (and unfortunately lost the secondary mission in the process). I could have probably won the mission in like 2-3 turns had I done it the way it wanted.
I got this same / similar mission in the snow yesterday. Very easy XP; easily ~27k credit per 5-6 minutes. I used a flamethrower, shotgun and hammer to destroy half the room, get all my guys in and on the second turn destroyed the rest + some enemies outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Got a question about XP - how is that determined? My guys with assault rifle and SMG seem to get XP at a significantly slower rate than the rest of my guys (sledgehammer, flamer, sniper, and missile). One of them is almost half a level behind now.
From what I gathered, there's a base XP that everyone gets for completing the mission plus how well they performed. # of kills doesn't seem to have any significant effect, but amount of damage dealt does.

Right now I have a "Clear the Area" contract in space station; a wide, open area with starting position in a middle platform and surrounded by enemies with hammers. Just using a rocket and Massacre there gets me ~10 kills and most remaining enemies down to 0 armor, and retreating right after that single move gets me ~27k XP even though I fail the mission and get 0 credits for it.

Now I have a couple of questions myself:

1. Does everyone get the same contracts or are these randomly generated?

2. Is it a bug that splash damage doesn't kill / decrease HP? I've never killed more than 1 enemy with a single shot other than a flamethrower, and even then I have to line up my targets to the most concentrated regions of the flame to register kills. This makes rockets annoyingly redundant without support.

Last edited by Alcadeias; 08-12-2011 at 12:05 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 08-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Artfoundry Artfoundry is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bay area, CA
Posts: 2,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadeias View Post
Now I have a couple of questions myself:

1. Does everyone get the same contracts or are these randomly generated?

2. Is it a bug that splash damage doesn't kill / decrease HP? I've never killed more than 1 enemy with a single shot other than a flamethrower, and even then I have to line up my targets to the most concentrated regions of the flame to register kills. This makes rockets annoyingly redundant without support.
Yes, I think everyone gets the same contracts - I seem to remember the dev talking about the idea that people could chat about the previous day's missions over by the watercooler..

Don't know about 2 - I can't remember if I've seen kills from splash damage.
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 08-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Alcadeias Alcadeias is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 101
Default

Looks like it's back to the regular contracts today I liked the previous 2 days because they were easy to grind on :P

The Medic talent is now fixed. Yay.

By the way, has anyone got a passive scanner? I have a few Level X hunters but yet to see them pop up in the shop.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 09-07-2011, 03:48 AM
firestorm firestorm is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Yes, I think everyone gets the same contracts - I seem to remember the dev talking about the idea that people could chat about the previous day's missions over by the watercooler..

Don't know about 2 - I can't remember if I've seen kills from splash damage.
Splash damage couldn't kill before, but think they have fixed this in an update, and now it can. Which means sniper with explosive rounds rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcadeias View Post
Looks like it's back to the regular contracts today I liked the previous 2 days because they were easy to grind on :P

The Medic talent is now fixed. Yay.

By the way, has anyone got a passive scanner? I have a few Level X hunters but yet to see them pop up in the shop.
I've only seen regular scanners twice (I.e. Have to spend one AP to activate it). Never seen passive scanners.
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:50 AM
syntheticvoid syntheticvoid is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 12,909
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Default

Just saw a 'Promo' version of this has been released... anyone have any clue what the differences are, or if it's worth picking up if you already have the original?



... the Promo HD build is $3 more than the regular HD version... ?? With only one screen, and not much to go by with the appinfo...

"A promotion version of Rodeo Game's debut title"

it's kinda hard to tell...
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent