Old 02-26-2011, 03:46 AM
iPad

Default Hunters: Episode One HD - TBS by Rodeo Games

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

iPad Screenshots:
(click to enlarge)

iPhone Version : http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=85680

TA Preview : http://toucharcade.com/2011/02/22/hu...ds-on-preview/

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 02-26-2011 at 04:03 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 04:03 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Cool was looking forward to see how this played
Old 02-26-2011, 05:22 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

nice! can't wait to try it out
Old 02-26-2011, 06:00 AM
iPad (3rd Gen)

The game makes a good first impression. It's controls work really well and feel just right for a turn based strategy game. Nice!

Last edited by Thorwan; 02-26-2011 at 06:45 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 06:43 AM

Send a message via MSN to synagence

Downloading now! Looking forward to taking this for a spin later
Old 02-26-2011, 06:46 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I've had a pre-release copy of the fully unlocked iPad version for a while; I've done both a hands-on preview and a review on my gaming blog (see sig).

The first thing I'm doing now that Hunters is officially available is to delete the pre-release copy, download the app store version and pay for the full game. I can't think of a higher recommendation to give it than that. Sure, I'll lose all my progress and have to start again - great, bring it on.

Well done to Rodeo Games putting a game like this out for the i-devices.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:57 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

First observations:

I think you have your business model wrong.

Top down, turn based strategy should be one of the genres which works best on a touch interface and Hunters looks very polished and impressively deep. Bits of Syndicate, S3 and a bunch of other classics.

I was confused that it was free though - I might easily have overlooked it.

The thing is, if this game turns out be as good as I think it might be, having a free game with the hidden 4.99 (or 5.99 can't remember) makes it feel like Farmville with in game purchases. Better to have two versions - the paid for and the Lite so users know that it's a premium game, not one trying to make money with in game advertising or being made to purchase extras to make the game playable.

And yet that's actually the case!

Make the choice - either a game funded by enticing the player then making them pay for extras and click on adverts (I REALLY don't like I'd buy that for a dollar).
Or a game with a separate demo version and a full, paid for which gives you full functionality.

Anyway, now to see what the game is like... the rushed comment above is testimony to how keen I am to see how it plays...

Update: Making users click on ads to get free gifts is a good way to kill a great game, let alone a decent one. The devs really need to stop trying to get people to click on irrelevant links for a few pence at the expense of a premium title's experience. So short-sighted.

Last edited by Treefiddy; 02-26-2011 at 08:04 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 08:14 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefiddy View Post
First observations:

I think you have your business model wrong.
The thing is, if this game turns out be as good as I think it might be, having a free game with the hidden 4.99 (or 5.99 can't remember) makes it feel like Farmville with in game purchases. Better to have two versions - the paid for and the Lite so users know that it's a premium game, not one trying to make money with in game advertising or being made to purchase extras to make the game playable.
I see nothing wrong with this model at all. It's basically the same kind of model that is done in XBLA, and the description of the game upfront tells you exactly the model is. Other recent games have adopted this model too...Tilit to Live HD, some Gameloft games, Namco games, konami, and some others. Gives the developers 1 app to update and on top of that it mskes it hard for hackers to steel the game. If i was a developer making a big game, then I would probably adopt this model too, to avoid it being more eaily stolen. Nothing wrong with this model at all, the in-app purchase isn't hidden, and the developers are upfront about it from the start begining of the game's description.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treefiddy View Post
First observations:

Making users click on ads to get free gifts is a good way to kill a great game, let alone a decent one. The devs really need to stop trying to get people to click on irrelevant links for a few pence at the expense of a premium title's experience. So short-sighted.
Ho hum... They're not making anyone click on the ads. It's a choice. Personally, 15 seconds for a free weapon to sell, yeah, I'm in.

[Edit] Actually, read the intro back-story in the game - it's a future where money is everything. The inclusion of IAP credits (completely optional) and free gifts for clicking ads fits really well with the mercenary/capitalist theme. If you like, just role-play it a bit when clicking the ads.

Last edited by Planetshooter; 02-26-2011 at 08:33 AM..
Old 02-26-2011, 08:37 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I decide to sleep in for one day and this is what I get. Downloading then off to play and purchase the full version, Congratulations to the Rodeo 4!

Last edited by ojtitus; 02-26-2011 at 09:51 AM..