★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tiny wing vs Angry birds poll only

View Poll Results: Tiny Wing vs Angry birds Poll only
Tiny Wing 30 71.43%
Angry Bird 12 28.57%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll
02-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Tiny wing vs Angry birds poll only

Its been more than a week and tiny wing is on top chart so I thought of putting poll what TA community will think of this.

Is it a end to angry birds ?
02-26-2011, 07:24 AM
I don't understand what I will voting for.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

02-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Ya, can we compare Battleheart to Stneches and Dungeon Hunter 2 just because they were iPhone game of the weeks. I just don't like these comparisons because they just seem crazy.

But IMO I believe TW will have a hard time getting the widespread appeal. It really doesn't matter though because being the #1 or #2 seller is still pretty good with the cash-flow.
02-26-2011, 08:05 AM
More than a week? I thought it was only 3 days!

Voted for Tiny Wings.

Have a look at Naruto RPG!
Look at Gamebook Adventures for iPhone/iPod/iPad!
I do app descriptions for free
02-26-2011, 09:58 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLegend View Post
More than a week? I thought it was only 3 days!

Voted for Tiny Wings.
It's been out for a week.

You won't find me on the leaderboards.
02-26-2011, 10:32 AM
What does the vote MEAN?

Does voting for one mean I think it will be the #1 app for longer? Tiny Wings has a long way to go to beat Angry Birds at that!

I really love Tiny Wings a lot I have to add. I am playing it a lot too. But in terms of the widespread appeal of Angry Birds that game is not going away anytime soon. It might not be rated number one because of one game or another (and actually was not the #1 app for a game here, a game there, a sale here and there) but I bet it will be top 10 for a very long time and can you say that Tiny Wings will be in the Top 10 for over a year? If it gets bumped from number 1 will it recover that spot within a few days? That is the real question.

Angry Birds has also expanded into making plush, tee shirts, movie cameos, etc. A board game is soon to come and more I am sure. Whenever someone comes across any of these products and is unaware of the game (somehow they were living under a rock somewhere) they will be prompted to check it out - perhaps a new sale that way. Angry Birds has become a universe in and of itself that will be hard for any game to usurp.

Again, I am one of the biggest Tiny Wings lovers too. No disrespect to Andreas meant at ALL. But I am unclear why all these comparisons are being made with Angry Birds.
02-26-2011, 03:44 PM
NEG is no doubt correct. No game has gained as much popularity and widespread approval as Angry Birds, and honestly, none will. It's a game that's going to reign the top spot of charts just like in 2010 this year. Please stop making these threads.

Twitter: @back2this
02-26-2011, 05:17 PM
Shouldn't a poll, you know... ask a question?
02-26-2011, 06:08 PM
I think the poll question is "which game do you like better?"
02-26-2011, 06:20 PM
??? Tiny Wings hasnt been number one that long. Angry Birds is the better game, but I like Tiny Wings better.