★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iPick Pockets App for Deviants :D Featured by Apple

02-26-2011, 12:27 PM
iPick Pockets App for Deviants :D Featured by Apple

Hey everyone I just wanted to let you all know I got my first app out. I made this one all by myself and I wanted to see what you all thought. I would love to hear any feedback. If you guys would like send me a PM and I might have a few promo codes left

App Info:
***Train your hands to be nimble, quick and silent***

iPick Pockets is an interactive app for you to train you hands in the art of pick pocketing. With three different levels of difficulties, you will surely become the king of thieves while training with this app.

Simply set the device and slide it into anyone of your pockets. After a short countdown your phone will be set and ready for you to practice on. Careful, if you are not skilled enough the phone will alarm itself and alert those around!

Tired of just using your pockets?

-Have friends or family members put the phone in their pocket and test it out on them.

-Try it in a purse

-Set your phone somewhere in your room and practice swiping it with out being noticed.

-Use props to increase difficulty!

Dont trust your fellow thieves?

What happened to honor among thieves? If your not comfortable leaving your phone amongst fellow thieves check out the security feature that comes with iPick Pockets. It is a state of the art alarm system that will alert when ever some one moves your phone. Check out all four alarm sounds!

This app is intended for fun only. We are not suggesting you try to steal anything. Stealing could result to severe punishments.
02-26-2011, 12:45 PM
Here are some more promo codes for everyone. Still looking for some more reviews please

02-27-2011, 01:51 PM
iPick Pockets has been slowly climbing the charts under the utility section. It has been out for the past 3 days and the numbers are as follows

Utility Ranks
1st day: 778
2nd day: 765
3rd day: 566

As you can see it was going pretty slowly but had a sudden jump. I still only have 1 review on the game (which is mine -.-) If anyone could please leave me a review it would be much appreciated.

you can download it here :

Or if you would like a promo codes please just let me know and I can send one your way.

Thanks guys
02-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I got this on a whim, as the concept sounded interesting. Using the movement sensor on the device to train your sleight of hand. An interesting idea for sure, but how does that translate in to use?

I decided to run a few tests. Starting on easy, with an open-ish coat pocket, I very slowly dipped a few fingers in to the darkness and tried to get a light grip on the sides of the device. I'm not exactly sure how the motion sensor works, so I decided to try and avoid any rotation, while lifting at a steady, slow pace. I was making good progress, and I could feel my heartbeat quicken. Just as the top of he device came in to view at the top of the pocket, I watched in horror as the pocket flap, slipped over the screen in a wiping motion. My instinct was to draw the device away from the oncoming enemy, which I did, resulting in the alarm sounding and me heading back to the drawing board.

I eventually mastered the easy mode, and went on to the hard difficulty setting. I practised by cheating a bit, and leaving the device on a shelf, then seeing which kind of movements I could get away with. I won't give too much away, but while the practice helped, i've still only managed to do two succesful picks on the hard difficulty, out of about twenty tries. There is another level of difficulty, but I feel I have a long way to go before I dare to attempt it.

The presentation is very minimal, although clarity and ease of use are mainly what's required here. It ticks those two boxes, but still feels like there could be a bit more there.

An area that could do with improvements is statistics. Timers, high scores and achievements are exactly the sort of thing that gives this type of unusual concept some kind of well needed structure replayability and draw for players to keep them interested.

Hopefully these won't be too difficult to add in future, and the app will evolve in to not just a good idea, but more of a whole game, and possibly a genre of game in it's own right eventually.

One thing that struck me when I played it was the feeling of playing one of those buzzer devices which consisted of a wire coat-hanger which was attatched to an alarm and twisted in to shape, and the player trying to navigate a loop of metal across the wire without touching it.

The motion-game type needs some innovation, so it's great to see new ideas like this on the rise. It will be interesting to see how this game, and genre in general progress in the coming months and years.

I'm quite keen to improve my ability to have a steady, slow hand, so i'm going to keep this, practice, and hopefully if there are ever leaderboards, i'll pwn you all.

*From my UK app store review.

(GC = BUNGLEZ) (OF = farmersuitical) (Plus+ = bungle747) (Crystal = bunglez)

I review apps and games frequently in the UK app store, and here on the forums. If you want anything reviewed, just ask.
02-27-2011, 02:42 PM
I love the review.

I had some plans on improvements along the lines of Stats and achievements. Just going through some tests to see the best way to implement them.

Timers would be kind of a tricky thing to do as far as saving a high score relative to time. A user could just set the app and leave it out and immediately push the stop button as soon as it comes up. That is an area that I will have to think more about.

Thanks for the review I appreciate it a lot and glad that it was enjoyable for you
02-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Got 7EHLFKK33MP7, trying it out and leaving a review soon, it seems interesting but if i hadn't gotten a code i don't think i would have bought it because i had no clue what it was, i thought it was another alarm app or something, maybe some screenshots of the instructions or something would boost sales. Now that i know what it is it seems like a great concept and i can't wait to try it.
03-01-2011, 12:07 AM

I uploaded another screen shot to apple just waiting for it to update. Hopefully it will give more people an idea of what the app is.

On another note I noticed on appannie that this app is featured in 252 different places.

Anyone know if that is a good thing?