★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Should "add me" and code request threads have their own section?

View Poll Results: Should email and code request threads have their own forum?
Yes 49 90.74%
No 5 9.26%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll
03-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Should "add me" and code request threads have their own section?

As more and more MMO's and MMORPG's start getting released, I can see these forums getting flooded with recruitment posts. Even combining threads for the same game won't be enough once enough of these games are out. Typically the multiplayer rpg and fps games that have guilds or clans have a special section on the forums specifically for that sort of thing, so that it doesn't fill up the regular game discussion area. Same thing goes for viral apps and the social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace.

What do you guys think? Since the threads usually don't discuss the game, and posts just contain a code or email address, I think it would be better off in a separate forum.
03-31-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah. There are a lot of iMafia and Undead threads to add and stuff. Gets pretty annoying cuz it's always on the front page..

03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmx View Post
As more and more MMO's and MMORPG's start getting released, I can see these forums getting flooded with recruitment posts. Even combining threads for the same game won't be enough once enough of these games are out. Typically the multiplayer rpg and fps games that have guilds or clans have a special section on the forums specifically for that sort of thing, so that it doesn't fill up the regular game discussion area. Same thing goes for viral apps and the social networking sites like Facebook and Myspace.

What do you guys think? Since the threads usually don't discuss the game, and posts just contain a code or email address, I think it would be better off in a separate forum.
I asked this very question to Arn a lot earlier today and I hope he will agree. I do believe imafia, imob, Agency Wars, ivampire, Undead live etc need their own board. It is getting cluttered on here. I like ivampire but that doesn't mean I want see a gazillion threads on it in the mist of the games board.

It would be nice to have a place where people can discuss strategies, codes etc in a MMO board.
03-31-2009, 10:59 PM
id rather not see them in this forum here, so I guess that would be ideal, however if they are not here, then people will post them here anyways.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post
I asked this very question to Arn a lot earlier today and I hope he will agree. I do believe imafia, imob, Agency Wars, ivampire, Undead live etc need their own board. It is getting cluttered on here. I like ivampire but that doesn't mean I want see a gazillion threads on it in the mist of the games board.

It would be nice to have a place where people can discuss strategies, codes etc in a MMO board.
Well, I don't mind discussing strategies...it's just the posts that just have "add me: 38475687345" or "blahblah@nonsense.com" that get kind of annoying since there is no discussion involved. If we go with a new MMO forum though, then we probably would have to add a FPS forum, Action/Arcade forum, etc. and it would probably get tedious. I was thinking just a recruitment or "friends list" forum or something along those lines.
03-31-2009, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
id rather not see them in this forum here, so I guess that would be ideal, however if they are not here, then people will post them here anyways.
True, lol. The mods will just have to work overtime to move posts :P
03-31-2009, 11:06 PM
I've been wanting to say this every time one of these "add me" threads pops up. They really need their own forum, and the sooner, the better.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-31-2009, 11:09 PM
what makes the newbies post in this new forum?

if they don't see it here in the games they make a new post about it, so we still don't win. it will only create more and more posts about it creating more and more work. i would love to be positive, but this won't change much except the 8 threads that are already in here will be in there.

Boiler Up!
*Hated By Many, Loved By Few*
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
what makes the newbies post in this new forum?

if they don't see it here in the games they make a new post about it, so we still don't win. it will only create more and more posts about it creating more and more work. i would love to be positive, but this won't change much except the 8 threads that are already in here will be in there.
Don't allow threads to be posted with certain keywords into the "games" forum?

Twitter: @Zincous
03-31-2009, 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩 View Post

I completely agree. I like reading reviews and discussions about the newest games in the games thread. I dislike that 10/20 of the active threads on the front page have something to do with "i[insert game name] code only!!! ADD ME!"