★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Free Speech

02-26-2011, 10:19 PM
Free Speech

"It was closed for a reason, and the reason wasn't because your point wasn't valid"

Last edited by griffilms; 02-28-2011 at 04:06 AM.
02-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Yes, it is.

Twitter: @back2this

02-26-2011, 10:25 PM
I hope so.
02-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Titty baby... boycott space wolves!

If one thread gets locked so you create multiple others to "protest" it'll only get you banned, and rightfully so.

Last edited by undeadcow; 02-26-2011 at 11:17 PM.
02-26-2011, 11:15 PM
griffilms, if every other member acted like you, would you want to stay here?
02-26-2011, 11:39 PM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
Like I said before: Someones getting banned.
02-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by griffilms View Post
"It was closed for a reason, and the reason wasn't because your point wasn't valid.

The reason was cause we want to protect the public from horrible marketing skills." (oxymoron)

So you decide what the public can and cannot reply to? Tell me more. Do the TA forum users know that they cannot respond to a thread about the originality of Tiny Wings because someone with too much power shut it down?

When they read this is it also going to read 'closed' or perhaps deleted outright?

Whose quote is that? Is that a PM from a Mod? I mean you should site your source of a quote.

I said my peace on your FIRST thread on this topic. You are trying desperately to ride the Tiny Wings Coat Tails by spamming your game in our faces in such a backhanded manner. Self promotion is not allowed to the extent you were trying to spam the threads with.

I considered your game for all of two seconds until I saw your methods. Now, desperation does not encourage sales. Sorry.

Word of advice - drop it - spamming multiple threads on the same topic no matter what twist you have this time will get you banned. Banned. How is that going to market your game? How will you interact with the TA community that way? How will you announce updates? You have killed any relationship you should have had and since TA is a valuable resource to developers you should try some damage control at this point instead of desperately trying to get a new thread to stick without getting locked - again.

Another way to get yourself banned is to create too much work for the mods - having mods sift through reported posts and then their threads and then lock them or infract you or what have you is unnecessary work on their part. Save face here sir. That is your best way to salvage this situation right now.

While looking at the Greek App Store where you claimed your app was number one -- it is now #49. So you are clearly doing something wrong. Why don't you take a step back and figure out how to be less aggressive and more open to the public you are trying to impress enough to purchase your product. Last I knew you had a game thread and I suggest you stick to posting there for the time being lest you get any more members to black ball your apps.

And - sarcastically rude response coming from griffilms in 10, 9, 8....
02-27-2011, 04:21 AM
Okay , my posts seem to have riled many here, so apologies if I did anything that was considered to be against forum etiquette.

Over and Out,
02-27-2011, 05:04 AM
"free speech"

This is not your house tho...It's a privilege to post here, not a right.
02-27-2011, 06:14 AM
I do agree though, some mods here do have too much power, and use it wrongfully.