★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: "ALL 51 Games" is out!! Now FREE

04-01-2009, 07:07 AM
"ALL 51 Games" is out!! Now FREE

This one popped up on AppSniper this morning. Reminds me of the VG Pocket Systems!! Pretty cool for .99!! Does not appear to have sound - more impressions later. I will add a link when I get to a computer if Conflicker Worm hasn't taken control!!

*****UPDATE :
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322560430&mt=8

Had a few more minutes to check this out - Online Score Boards seem to be present for each of the games - at the end of the game, if you enter your name, you will be directed to an online leaderboard on the net. This pulls you out of the app, but it can be skipped and you can just play another game immediatley.

There is NO SOUND at this point - not a deal breaker, though. Simple beeps and boops would suffice for most of these games.

There are truely 51 individual games - they are all represented by high quality icons from within the app, and are selected much like you would select an icon for any game on you iPhone.

Things (emmulation?) seem to run just a bit on the slow side at this point, again not a deal breaker - your getting each game for about 2 cents a piece, so . . .

Final opinion - VERY MUCH like an iPhone version of the VG POCKET SYSTEMS. No sound, seems a bit slow, but for .99 cents - alot of fun to play around with. Check it out, if you got a buck to check out a unique concept for an app, haven't seen this type of thing in the app store before & they are saying more games are coming.

Last edited by DaveMc99; 07-23-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: UPDATE & Link added
04-01-2009, 07:11 AM
DS Effects = megafail!

04-01-2009, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defaude View Post
DS Effects = megafail!
agreed..
04-01-2009, 07:22 AM
I don't know what you guys mean, but in the screenshots the graphics looks a bit washed out. The title alone, 51 in one, for 99c sounds suspiciously like a batch of poor quality games.

Does not appear to have sound?! um
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
Games aren't worth a penny from what I see and judging by the reviews of those games.
04-01-2009, 07:27 AM
can anyone tell me why they fail? just want to understand in case it has any weight on whether i buy the bundle or not.
04-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnthynn View Post
can anyone tell me why they fail? just want to understand in case it has any weight on whether i buy the bundle or not.
As I said in the post right above yours their games look horrible and all have one star reviews. They just look bad not just graphics wise. I wouldn't even say its worth a dollar which says alot about 51 games.

Just goto itunes yourself and check a few of their games and you'll see.
04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zvnthynn View Post
DS Effects are the garbage bin of the app store. They rush out minimal web apps with no effort whatsoever and slap 99 cents on them to cash in on the waves of purchases from people that don't know better.
04-01-2009, 08:12 AM
DS effects put a lot of work into their icon design for the most part, and minimal effort for the actual games. Even for a buck, this is a bad deal.

Games Uncovered: The best iPhone gaming news and reviews.
www.gamesuncovered.com
twitter.com/gamesuncovered
youtube.com/gamesuncovered
04-01-2009, 08:47 AM
OMG whatever DS Effects is my favorite developer!!! They make the best games and this looks like no exception! D/L Now!!!
Happy April fools everyone...

Gamecenter:1337brian