★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iGuerilla

04-01-2009, 07:20 AM
iGuerilla

Thought this might be good til I looked at the dev's other apps.
I guess he should have called it "iGuerillaManiak".........

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=308857826&mt=8
04-01-2009, 07:23 AM
There's a lite version.

Ok tried it.

Not so great. It's like shooting cardboard enemies. They kinda pop up and they are not animated... I guess I expected more from a shooting game.

Is there anyway to get virtual on-screen button controls, or is it just tilt controls only? The tilt-to-aim control is not working out for me.

Last edited by Ravenblack; 04-01-2009 at 07:32 AM.

04-01-2009, 07:27 AM
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ight=iguerilla

Theres a thread by the dev in upcoming games section as well, I had played the lite version last night...

Its just not a good game controls ruin any chance for a good experience even then it would be just another Shooter clone with some very static graphics....dont know why devs think I wanna play with the screen flat to aim and when I have to aim up I have to tilt the screen away from so I cant see...Brilliant! Do they not know about calibration and all or what?

Maybe with some updates to controls it'd be halfway decent I guess.
04-01-2009, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott30 View Post
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ight=iguerilla

Theres a thread by the dev in upcoming games section as well, I had played the lite version last night...

Its just not a good game controls ruin any chance for a good experience even then it would be just another Shooter clone with some very static graphics....dont know why devs think I wanna play with the screen flat to aim and when I have to aim up I have to tilt the screen away from so I cant see...Brilliant! Do they not know about calibration and all or what?

Maybe with some updates to controls it'd be halfway decent I guess.

I played the lite version and thought the same - which I posted in the other thread. why would anyone want to play a shooting game with their device flat? it doesn't make sense

at the moment it's a really bad game
04-01-2009, 07:36 AM
Yes I should also mentioned besides having to hold the screen flat, the controls are still bad and slow.
04-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Not just flat, I had to tilt my itouch nearly all the way forward, before the gun reticular would even get to the center to the screen.
04-01-2009, 09:05 AM
This one is disappointing because the screenshots look great, but it sounds like the game isn't very deep and the controls are terrible. I was looking forward to this one, and I'm not into shooters.
04-01-2009, 10:11 PM
Send a message via AIM to Phil_Synowiec Send a message via Skype™ to Phil_Synowiec
They should update it with MGST controls =D
04-02-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi all,

We read your complaints on the game controls.

We thought (and we were wrong) that holding the iphone flat won't be a problem at all. Apparently, a big mistake.

So, for version 1.1 (coming soon) a calibration will be (is already) implemented.

We're thinking also on implementing controls like in mgst.
It it really needed?
Because it's totally different than playing with the accelerometer.
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM
I think it's always best to give the players the option to play it the way they like. If you have the time and will to put in both control systems and make it an option that the player can choose, I really don't think you can go wrong.

-3Dave
Artist/Animator/Aardvark
3Dave.com
Twitter Page