★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Emberwind - Published By Chillingo

03-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Emberwind - Published By Chillingo

Help free the city of Grendale from the evil CandleFinger and his gremlin hordes. Sail through the clouds on your ancient snow owl and deploy your cane of justice to save the kingdom from the underworld in this exciting platform game based on the popular PC and Mac games.

Quote:
FANTASY ADVENTURE: Battle your way through the amazingly detailed fantasy environments. Sail
through the sky on the back of your trusty owl, Wick, and traverse varied levels battling all manner of
creatures on the way.
VARIED ENEMIES: Emberwind offers up a huge variety of foes, from low level Gremlin goons to deadly
Gremlin warriors and their war machines who will be more than a match for the hero. Work your way
through the game before finally taking on Candlefinger, the creature behind all the evil in Grendale.
MAGICAL POWER: Use the staff to smash goblins who get in your way, for more powerful enemies you
can use a variety of special magic attacks. Put together combo chains for a special reward of fireworks
raining down on your enemies.
UPGRADE: Reach high scores, find skill books and hunt down fairy stones to upgrade your character in
Health, Skill and Attack upgrades.

03-01-2011, 09:16 PM
Just played the first level of the Mac demo. What we have here is the next Frogatto. Needless to say, I'm very, very excited.

03-11-2011, 05:40 AM
03-11-2011, 06:15 AM
I like the overall feeling of the environments. And if what squarezero said id true then it's another plus for the game.
03-11-2011, 06:23 AM
wow this looks cool. even has a decent name.
03-11-2011, 06:35 AM
I can't tell if this game is a platformer, RPG, or side-scrolling action game. Maybe it's a hybrid of those?
03-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazarath View Post
I can't tell if this game is a platformer, RPG, or side-scrolling action game. Maybe it's a hybrid of those?
Think a hybrid of Zelda and a 2d platformer. Or Frogatto with more combat.
03-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Think a hybrid of Zelda and a 2d platformer. Or Frogatto with more combat.
Zelda + 2D Platformer = Zelda 2. :P
Anyway, this looks really fun, I especially like the artwork, it has a nice story-book atmosphere to it. Also, kind of reminds me of Odin Sphere.
03-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael View Post
Zelda + 2D Platformer = Zelda 2. :P
Anyway, this looks really fun, I especially like the artwork, it has a nice story-book atmosphere to it. Also, kind of reminds me of Odin Sphere.
Right you are -- forgot about that one.
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Looks fabulous -- think it hooked me completely. Do we have a release date?