★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Free the Fobbles! For Two (free for now)

03-02-2011, 01:25 AM
Free the Fobbles! For Two (free for now)

I created a new two-player iPad game and it's free for now... please have a look and let me know your feedback!

------------------

Welcome to Fobbleland, where the Fobbles got stuck high up in the air while felling skywood. Scared and shivering despite the sunny weather, they now need your help! Destroy a skywood by tapping on it, and make all your Fobbles safely land down on the grass. You and your friend take take turns in this game especially made for two, and especially made for the iPad. The first player to free all of their Fobbles wins. Levels are generated randomly for endless variations!

Note special stone passages are scattered throughout Fobbleland -- they cannot be destroyed, and only let through fobbles of one color! To master freeing Fobbles, enter the special training for one, in which you need to rescue 70% of your own Fobbles without freeing any of the opponent's Fobbles. Let the Fobble fun begin!

------------------

See you in Manyland, an infinite 2d sandbox mmo we all draw together!
03-11-2011, 02:58 AM
Siege Towers For Two (free for now)

I've released a new game for two played on a single shared iPad: Siege Towers! Your feedback is warmly welcome. The game is free for the moment. If you like the game please leave a review in the app store, it means the world

--------------------------------------------------

Step into the medieval battle and build the higher Siege Tower to take over the enemy castle! In this fast and fun game made for two players sharing an iPad, your task sounds simple: drag the wood, spikes and cannons onto your wheeled base platform so that you'll end up constructing the higher tower. There's only three things in your way to an easy win: gravity, a ticking clock... and the other player, who is trying to build an even higher tower and whose cannons are directed at you!

Siege Towers For Two comes with fully randomized levels, generating endless game play variations. Every new round offers a different combination of items, which you can freely drag anywhere, and rotate by tapping. Once the battle begins you'll see how well your construction fares! The game starts right into the two-player action, ideal for a game in cafes, on the train, at home or anywhere else. And if you're not close to a friend, you can enter the training mode for one player to prepare for the battle. Construct wisely and don't fail your knights, or you'll hear the sound of splintering wood hitting the dusty road!

Last edited by Philipp; 03-11-2011 at 03:00 AM.

03-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Siege Towers hit #1 for free iPad games in China, Germany and other countries... you might wanna grab it in case it's switched to $0.99

One US review is a bit odd, but other country store's seem to really like it!

03-21-2011, 08:48 AM
this is good game
03-21-2011, 09:06 AM
Hi Phillip,

Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded it, and I'll try it out in the next few days!

Regards, and congrats.

Paulo Tavares
06-09-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi Phillip,

I apologize for taking so long to reply. In fact, last night I finally got the chance to get my wife to try it out with me, and I'll say - it was the most fun we had with an iPad game until now.

She's not much of a gamer, so it's hard to get a game that she actually enjoys, but this - it was absolutely amazing.

I gave you a 5-star rating and review in the Portuguese store. I hope it helps.

Thank you a lot, and I wish you all the success with the game - you deserve it.
06-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Wow. Thanks so much! That's incredibly positive feedback!!

06-09-2011, 04:44 AM
Hey, credit's due where credit's due

I went to your site to check out the other games, but I'll ask you directly: given the profile - difficult to get interested in games - what other games would you recommend me getting to play with the wife?

I have one from your page in mind, but I won't say it here yet in order not to influence your reply And if you have other suggestions outside the games you developed, feel free to include them as well.

Let me hear your thoughts.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
06-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Paulo, given the profile you describe, I would suggest:

- Free the Fobbles: Who gets all their Fobbles down first? Very easy to pick up, but that does not mean the strategy is limited. You can expand your strategy as you go to try to master it.

- Behaviorix: This is a party game or a game for 2 that is about asking real-life or hypothetical questions. It can be a good basis for further discussions.

- Ogs: It's a very casual sort of "alien chess", yet it also allows for deep strategical thinking as you go.

- City Bucks: Another very casual game which, again, still allows for deeper strategies later on.

IF I had to only suggest one to you, I would suggest give Free the Fobbles a try at first. I think you will really enjoy it. I've tested this a lot in pubs and the like and many people really like it. Several people, with a very high percentage of female players, often ask "can we play the game with those little white/ black balls again". If I had to suggest two games, then take City Bucks into the mix, and if your wife likes City Bucks, then give Ogs a try after that. As for Behaviorix, it is very difficult for me to tell if you two might like it (I certainly hope so), but I think if you look at some of the sample questions at http://versuspad.com/#behaviorix then you can decide on this.

Now I'm curious which game you had in mind as the most likely candidate...

Last edited by Philipp; 06-09-2011 at 05:33 AM.
06-09-2011, 05:46 AM
Hi Phillip,

Indeed, I was more inclined to Free the Fobbles, since it seems to be the most easy to grasp for her. I tend to find that the less immediate a game is for her to understand, the easier she loses her interest in it. I bought it just now.

I also had considered City Bucks, since it seemed something she might like to play as well, but it might be more complex. I bought it as well now, let's see how it goes

I wish you all the best. Hopefully I'll have the time to play these games in the next few weeks with her, and if something of notice comes up, I'll definitely let you know

Regards,

Paulo Tavares