Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-02-2011, 08:10 AM

Thanks for the sale Tin Man. I just purchased the game. When you think about it, $2.99 (or $4.99) for a universal app that is optimized both for iPhone and iPad, and with great original artwork and story and a very cool dice combat system in an interactive storybook, is just an insane value for us customers.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:20 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Book 5 already?!

Buying later..
Old 03-02-2011, 09:42 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Fabled Lands may be my true love, but I haven't forgotten about my favorite mistress! Purchased!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:52 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Fabled Lands may be my true love, but I haven't forgotten about my favorite mistress! Purchased!
They're both great in totally different ways and do different things well. GA is a more book-like experience with excellent original writing and art, and flawless UI and adaptation to iOS, whereas Fabled Lands is more of a gaming experience with tons of content and more immersive aspects. Both are awesome.

I'm just happy to have some great gamebooks on my iPod Touch...it's exciting to see a great genre taking off, here's hoping for more to come.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:12 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by medianotzu View Post
I'm just happy to have some great gamebooks on my iPod Touch...it's exciting to see a great genre taking off, here's hoping for more to come.
I think as video role-playing games are moving more and more away from their roots (Bethesda games aside), the gamebook sub-genre is bringing back a lot of those missing elements. I'm ecstatic that a niche has been found for it.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:01 PM

Thanks for the lovely feedback everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trystero View Post
Awesome news! Congrats to Tinman on another release. The GA series is going to eclipse Lone Wolf as my all-time favorite
Considering I hold Lone Wold in very high regard, I am humbled by your quote. Thanks a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Well GA has never been described quite like that before. Almost tempted to put that as a quote on our app store description.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:16 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Never played one of these before, but I used to love choose your own adventure book and I love RPGs so think I'll take a chance and get this.

Do I need to get any others? Or are they all stand alone books?
Old 03-02-2011, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Never played one of these before, but I used to love choose your own adventure book and I love RPGs so think I'll take a chance and get this.

Do I need to get any others? Or are they all stand alone books?
They are all stand alone but set within the same world. There are some minor cross-overs with places, events and people but their knowledge does not give you any advantages or disadvantages.

Hope you enjoy it!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the quick reply. (off to buy now).
Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I had to come back to post my Views.
First off wow this takes me back to the 80's when I was reading choose your own adventure books as a kid,
Being my first iPod gamebook I read through the help pages etc and there all easy enough to understand,
The presentation here is also top notch, the way the pages are laid out to the illustrations it's all really nice.
I have to say I feel like I've been missing out with this being book five, I'm am absolutely loving it everything from the options you choose, items you get and dice rolls it's all fantastic. I will definitely be picking up the books 1-4 soon.
Final note just to say thanks to the dev's for making something so cool. For the price of these gamebooks there amazing quality for money.
Well think I'm done now, off to try again and not die this time lol.
Im not using the bookmarks as it feels slightly like cheating, but that's just me.