Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-30-2011, 10:09 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Just saw the .99 sale and decided to try it out. Wow! I'm really impressed - far more than I thought I would be. I'm huge Fighting Fantasy/Fabled Lands/Middle Earth Quest fan and I must say that Catacombs of Undercity is easily one of the better game books I've ever read. I was very impressed with the length -seems to be about twice the length of a Fighting Fantasy book. I'll definitely be buying some of the others.

Have you ever thought of printing physical copies? Would absolutely buy.

Keep up the great work!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

AAARRGGH!! Missed the sale by a day!!! Bummer!
Old 08-19-2011, 05:57 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default GA5 Difficulty

Relatively new to GA series (played GA4, working on GA5) and I must say they are exceptional! I've played all Lone Wolf books and would like to think I know a bit about the genre.

I have to say, though, I am really having difficulty with GA5.

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Either I get beaten to death by the knife-wielding guy right after sleeping at the inn

Or Thok (the ogre guy I believe) wastes me and/or my companion

Or the Priest and his -20 Vitality black fireball destroys me!

******END SPOILERS*****

Overall, I always feel like I'm low on health, money, and items to succeed...

Does anyone agree that the difficulty seems high, or maybe I'm missing something?
Old 08-20-2011, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkentwilight View Post
Relatively new to GA series (played GA4, working on GA5) and I must say they are exceptional! I've played all Lone Wolf books and would like to think I know a bit about the genre.
Thanks for the nice comments! Really pleased you're enjoying the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silkentwilight View Post
I have to say, though, I am really having difficulty with GA5.
The trick with GA5 is to get to Undercity as powerful and as knowledgeable as possible. There are various things to do en route and people to meet which will make the last part of the book easier.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Recruiting

Can I also please get a hint on recruiting Delario/Loriente?
Old 01-30-2012, 06:58 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloofaerie View Post
Can I also please get a hint on recruiting Delario/Loriente?
Same! How do I do that?? And also, how do I get a silver sword?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:17 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Impressions from a novice

So I got this on sale for .99, figured it was worth a shot. I do enjoy it, but it is actually frustrating me quite a bit. The randomness of battle really is starting to fatigue me. I'm not getting very far, because I just keep getting really unlucky rolls, over and over.

One playthrough, the first monster I ran into had 10 HP. He knocked me from 43 down to 5 HP before I was able to kill him. Just because I kept getting lousy rolls over and over.

I'm kind of wishing there was an even easier setting than Novice. Almost think it'd be funner without the battles at all. I mean, there isn't much skill to it. You just press ROLL over and over until one of you dies. maybe you get some items or something that makes combat a little more interesting? I wouldn't know, I always die before I get anything cool.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Solinari6 -

Judging by your reaction to the game, it may simply not be the right style of play for you. That said, if you are concerned with adding an element of player/twitch skill to the game, here's something that may help: anytime you roll dice (for your character or for opponents), you can shake the device as soon as they land (but before they stop completely) to get a re-roll. The results of the re-roll have to be taken, so you may do more harm than good by re-rolling. It takes timing and good perception to maximize your chances.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Other companions please?

I see that this questions has been asked a few times on this forum and not acknowledged so I will attempt it myself. Other than Krom, who is a complete waste money to recruit, how do we recruit the others listed? Can't be that hard of a question. Really like playing this game and sat on my butt all day trying different routes to see where I ended up but can't do anything because you need the companions to finish. (Or so it seems )
Old 04-30-2012, 03:17 AM
iPad 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurzonDax View Post
I see that this questions has been asked a few times on this forum and not acknowledged so I will attempt it myself. Other than Krom, who is a complete waste money to recruit, how do we recruit the others listed? Can't be that hard of a question. Really like playing this game and sat on my butt all day trying different routes to see where I ended up but can't do anything because you need the companions to finish. (Or so it seems )
It's been a while since I played this, but I'll chime in since no one else is. The guy that you find up the tower, summoning the demon that's about to kill him? You can gain him as a companion if you help him out, rather than leave him to his much-deserved fate.. I don't quite remember how to do it... something about a ring, maybe?

Oh, and I think the silver sword was VERY close to the end, like a few pages away from the end. I think I found it in the temple, wandering around, before you find the bad guy. Leaning against an altar or something like that. If I remember right, there were like 3 or 4 paths through the temple to the end dude, so you may have to rewind a bit to find it if you don't get it on the path that you took.

Last edited by Fieryseraph; 04-30-2012 at 03:21 AM..