Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-30-2012, 06:15 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Hi!

I am an old pen and paper player of yore and as a child loved the gamebooks. Right now I bought every Fighting Fantasy book on iOS, so my question is, which Gamebook Adventure is the best to start with?

Or should I just start at 1 and work my way up?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:47 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraser74 View Post

Or should I just start at 1 and work my way up?
While not necessary to start there, 1: Assassin really does a good job of immersing you in the GA world right from the get-go. Coming straight out of Fighting Fantasy, I'd start either there or with 7: Temple of the Spider God.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:10 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieryseraph View Post
It's been a while since I played this, but I'll chime in since no one else is. The guy that you find up the tower, summoning the demon that's about to kill him? You can gain him as a companion if you help him out, rather than leave him to his much-deserved fate.. I don't quite remember how to do it... something about a ring, maybe?

Oh, and I think the silver sword was VERY close to the end, like a few pages away from the end. I think I found it in the temple, wandering around, before you find the bad guy. Leaning against an altar or something like that. If I remember right, there were like 3 or 4 paths through the temple to the end dude, so you may have to rewind a bit to find it if you don't get it on the path that you took.
Oh okay thanks a bunch, I'm about to try another run through to see if I can find anything more.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:37 AM

Default The ruby ring conundrum

Can somebody please tell me where to get he ruby ring to use with the demon at the beginning? I know you can buy it in the bazaar in undercity but it's useless then considering I passed the demon hours ago.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:57 PM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
While not necessary to start there, 1: Assassin really does a good job of immersing you in the GA world right from the get-go. Coming straight out of Fighting Fantasy, I'd start either there or with 7: Temple of the Spider God.
OK, so I will start at 1. Will buy that right now.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurzonDax View Post
Can somebody please tell me where to get he ruby ring to use with the demon at the beginning? I know you can buy it in the bazaar in undercity but it's useless then considering I passed the demon hours ago.
Ok never mind I found the ruby ring
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM

Default Cheat mode activated

I beat the game in classic mode and unlocked cheat mode.
I have the box for the cheats checked but can't see any kind of cheats.
What are the cheats? How do I use them?
Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Default The path I took to vengeance and riches

Catacombs of the Undercity: My journey to vengeance.

After you are so rudely dropped into the sewer turn around and fight the creature coming from behind. ( Blood Rat ). 💩After beating the piss out of the rodent, continue back where it came from * page 386* for a knife and 3 pestado's.
Turn right towards the fresh breeze and grab the torch, try for the grate only to be attacked by the cephalopod.
💩 After you beat that, choose the grate again and dive down to get the crystal amulet. 💩 Head down the tunnel, avoid the trap and get the harpoon (OFF 3).💩
After that you will see a light and someone is coming, confront them instead of hiding. 💩If your VIT is 20 or more, beg for mercy don't attack and they will take you to their hideout where you will learn a gob of information, receive a rejuvenation potion and they will tell you to talk to Lorentio 💩in tavern in undercity. (he costs 8 pestado).
Leave, kill the hag fish, make a random roll and pray for a 5 or 6.
Ignore the goblyns and continue your path to page 98 then continue your same path to page 452. Fight the giant crab and move on. 💩Go left and fight the hooded cult member only to get captured by another. 💩When in bondage do not try to escape, just wait and see what happens. 💩After you kill ol Sharky grab a weapon via the random roll. 💩(I got the jaw blade).
Fight the next random attacker then grab something from the table. ( I grabbed the 4 pestado)
Go left and pass the fitness check to avoid the clam.
Use all options in the rising water until it says give up then you will notice the escape route. Take this and you will meet an ogryn. Fight if you choose, I didn't. 💩 After your bath don't give the 2 pestado but go gamble all you can to earn a bit of cash. 💩Go rest for 7 VIT the get attacked by Gulio. After whooping his ass get his sword for an offence of 6. 💩Go recruit Loriente then go buy armor if you want. Get healed if you can afford it or want it.💩
Head to the river and cross by bridge and meet your hired partner on the other side. 💩Choose to eneter via the shadow cult priests area. 💩Pass all fitness tests for you and Loriente and enter the inner sanctum and investigate the pillars with the gems and get the silver sickle. Another fitness test to hide then your on your way. Go to the priests chambers, pull the brick and go down the passage where you will be attacked by Orsio. Pass the fitness and Loriente will sacrifice himself to save you. Kill Orsio then get confronted by the main boss guy and he is one mean cat. 💩He will shoot his repeating crossbow. Pray you roll a 1,2 or 3. 💩Pull out the silver sickle you found and proceed to smack that little kitty around. 💩The end, get rich or die tryin and all that rot. Hope this helps somebody.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:37 PM
iPad

Quote:
I beat the game in classic mode and unlocked cheat mode.
I have the box for the cheats checked but can't see any kind of cheats.
What are the cheats? How do I use them?
The cheats only show up during combat, they allow you to win or lose any combats you want. once you roll the dice, there will be a button "Cheat To Win" which will change all of your dice (or the enemies dice depending on who just rolled) in your favor.

The button will then change to "Cheat To Lose" which will do the opposite. This allows you to find all of the endings easier (by losing all of the battles :-)

Cheers!
-Ben
Old 05-02-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Catacombs of the Undercity: My journey to vengeance.
Nice journey! Not bad for a Trill!