★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Nekki Indie
  • Genre: Music
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 110.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.8 (4)
App description: Rescue the woman you love from the claws of a green-faced villain, fighting your way through various dangers; give some beans to his henchmen all this accompanied by breathtaking hits of the coolest music performers!
Beat Da Beat is a unique alloy of classical bullet-hell genre with the dynamics of rhythm games. All that goes on on the screen, such as moving, acting and shooting, is based on music compositions. Can you imagine anything cooler than dodging the hurricane of enemy bullets and doing so to the powerful rhythms of dubstep? Smashing extraterrestrial miscreants into atoms while dancing funnily? What? Smacking em good in a close-in slugfest? No problem, dude!
Whoa, whoa! Are you already straining at the leash? Wait a sec. You dont think we gonna send you off flying this jalopy? There are 10 unique spaceships at your disposal, each with its own features and abilities! Youll have to sweat for some of them, but theyre absolutely worth your effort! And if youre already attached to your old vessel, you can upgrade it to a real tool of vengeance.
"So let us sum things up:

- A most finely described amorous line that will bring tears to your eyes;
- Pixelart style. Not a frequent thing to see!
- Incredible music-based levels;
- 4 difficulty levels;
- Huge bosses;
- Cool music by cool performers;
- A dude dancing in the corner. Wow! "
Seriously? Youve read it to the end and youre not playing yet? Now what if I tell you that there also are explosions in the game? Yeah, many explosions!

strivemind's comments:

Official Trailer:
08-26-2015, 07:15 AM
That trailer was INCREDIBLE.

Bought but there's something wrong with my internet. $1 with no IAPs.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

08-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
That trailer was INCREDIBLE.

Bought but there's something wrong with my internet. $1 with no IAPs.
I definitely need impressions before dropping $1
08-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
ok.)
08-26-2015, 08:18 AM
Quote:
I agree. In fact, I need detailed impressions for all my $.99 purchases. Won't buy a pack of gum till I hear from five guys who chewed it. Won't give a buck to a homeless guy till I get a background check.

Anyway, bought it, played it for 15 mins -- awesome so far. All bullet hells have a rhythmic component (that's one way to figure out the patterns), but this one does rhythm in a very deliberate way. There are two special abilities: screen-clearing bombs and slo-mo. They are both well implemented. More important, the controls are spot on. Plus, the game has a ton of personally -- and times, pretty darn funny.

Well worth a dollar. Unlike that piece of gum I bought.
08-26-2015, 08:25 AM
Thanks! I hope no one thought I was serious. I will probably pick this one up some time tonight.
08-26-2015, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I agree. In fact, I need detailed impressions for all my $.99 purchases. Won't buy a pack of gum till I hear from five guys who chewed it. Won't give a buck to a homeless guy till I get a background check.

Anyway, bought it, played it for 15 mins -- awesome so far. All bullet hells have a rhythmic component (that's one way to figure out the patterns), but this one does rhythm in a very deliberate way. There are two special abilities: screen-clearing bombs and slo-mo. They are both well implemented. More important, the controls are spot on. Plus, the game has a ton of personally -- and times, pretty darn funny.

Post of the day.
08-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Quote:

Rofl! 👍
Yes, it's out & I'm gonna buy it anyways.
08-26-2015, 09:47 AM
Quote:

This made me actually laugh out loud!!

Downloading this one now. Love that trailer.
08-26-2015, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Thanks! I hope no one thought I was serious. I will probably pick this one up some time tonight.
My sarcasm detector was tingling, but, sadly, missed it. No offense intended.